By flibbertigibbet - 07/05/2015 20:56 - United States - Ukiah

Today, I finally worked up the courage to tell my dad about my worries for my mental health. He then told me about the tracking device the aliens had implanted in his hand when they abducted him. There's nothing like family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 592
You deserved it 2 517

flibbertigibbet tells us more.

OP here. Just to clarify a few things, my dad started telling me about the aliens BEFORE I could even start telling him my own concerns, so the coincidence was quite funny, if sad. I decided that perhaps it wasn't actually the best time to bring up mental health. And for those who are worried, I am already getting professional help and on medication. It simply doesn't magically fix everything the way I wish it would!

Top comments

On a somber note, mental health issues often have a hereditary element. If you're worried, have a chat with your doctor and maybe encourage your dad to try the same. Good luck, OP

Good luck in your journey op. Recovering from mental illness (or at least keeping it at bay) can be one of the hardest things you do in life. Hopefully you and your dad get the help you need to get back to 'normal'.

Comments

I hope you get the help and support that you need, soon!

Rosebudx 32

He can't be direct about his fears because of the tracking device, but maybe that's his way of telling you that you have the same alien issue as he does? Seriously, though, you need to speak to a doctor. Mental illness does carry a stigma with a lot of people, which leads to many family members and friends unable to cope with the idea that their child or bestie is sick. Get yourself treatment and continue talking to your dad about your situation. If he continues to write it off as a joke or whatever, maybe he isn't as good a father as he should be.

CODplayer4lyfe 24
CODplayer4lyfe 24

I just realized that it said this in the FML... I'm sorry all.

Does that mean your dad belongs to the USA?

ENCOURAGER 12

Well now at least you'll have father bonding time at the phycatrist

Oh my God your screen name is awesome! I'm still laughing.

Aliens planting tracking devices in your hand? That's absurd. Everyone knows aliens plant tracking devices in your anus. Your father really is crazy.

Well, at least now you know the reason why you're worried about your mental health.

martin8337 35

So now aliens are putting tracking devices in the hand? I guess that they have learned all that they could from anal probing.

Attacksloth 33

There are a number of online support groups that offer help and support. I'm not sure what the nature of your mental problems are, but the one I frequently go on to talk is called www dot anxietyzone dot com... bunch of supportive people there, and contrary to the web site's name, it is a support group for: Family issues Depression Anxiety Phobias OCD Panic disorder Hypochondria PTSD Chronic fatigue / Fibromyalgia Addictions Seriously, sometimes you just need to talk to other people in the relatively same boat as you. This site hasn't been a permanent solution for me anyway, but it has given me new perspectives and made me feel like I wasn't nuts or abnormal.