By flibbertigibbet - 07/05/2015 20:56 - United States - Ukiah

Today, I finally worked up the courage to tell my dad about my worries for my mental health. He then told me about the tracking device the aliens had implanted in his hand when they abducted him. There's nothing like family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 593
You deserved it 2 517

flibbertigibbet tells us more.

OP here. Just to clarify a few things, my dad started telling me about the aliens BEFORE I could even start telling him my own concerns, so the coincidence was quite funny, if sad. I decided that perhaps it wasn't actually the best time to bring up mental health. And for those who are worried, I am already getting professional help and on medication. It simply doesn't magically fix everything the way I wish it would!

Top comments

On a somber note, mental health issues often have a hereditary element. If you're worried, have a chat with your doctor and maybe encourage your dad to try the same. Good luck, OP

Good luck in your journey op. Recovering from mental illness (or at least keeping it at bay) can be one of the hardest things you do in life. Hopefully you and your dad get the help you need to get back to 'normal'.

Comments

I am a serious believer in aliens #48

At least you know which side of the family your mental health issues may be coming from. Most are genetic and they can manifest in different ways. Best to make an appointment with a psychiatrist.

91hayek 31

I think that's just his way of telling you you're being silly.

Well at least it wasn't planted in his head like everyone else.

I know how you feel. It took me months to get up the courage to talk to my parents about it. After a few years they're taking it 100% seriously... Then again it took the help of an educational psychologist, my learning leader and a trusted teacher...