By shelbs61 - 30/08/2010 19:55 - United States

Today, I finally decided to do regular biology rather than honors biology, thinking honors would be too hard. My first day in regular biology, my lab partner asked me whether a rock was alive or not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 443
You deserved it 12 284

shelbs61 tells us more.

K, so this is Shelby, the person who wrote the FML. To whoever it may concern: When this guy asked me whether the rock was alive, I thought he was being sarcastic so I replied, "YES!! Haha." Then he wrote something down in his notebook and I asked if he was kidding. He looked up and said, "Just tell me the answer, I wanna finish my homework." Then he asked me if pasta was alive.

Comments

laughsalot512 0

my lab partner asked if he could set me on fire

I had something similar happen in Honors Bio; this guy asked whether clouds were alive or not, how could they stay in the air otherwise?

Shadow_Spark 3

Well, two months ago I would have made a joke about fossles, but having helped my mom grade her students' multiple-choice tests - she teaches Chemistry and Physics at the local high school - and seeing how many seniors still think water is an element, as opposed to a compound, house plant, or natural law, I now totally symapthize. You would be surprised at the amount of seniors that still think that H2O is an element.

kitkat4949 7

If I had an opportunity to take honors biology, I would take it. Some of my classmates run up to me just for the answers. This reminds me of the time someone in my 5th grade class said that japan was in the U.S.

Wow. Even at my school, I have never met anyone that dumb.

FarscapeSDC 9

Wow... just... wow. That right there, that is some powerful stupid. At my primary school ('Elementary school' for american readers), the class idiot, the bloke who used to sit in the corner and chew the pencil erasers was not that stupid. I thought he was the stupidest person alive when he said that he thought "The shining" was historically accurate. But a university student who has to ask if a rock is alive?... Michelle Bachman isn't that stupid.

perhaps you must look at this question from a different angle. I propose we take such said rock and place it in a perfectly sealed container. In that container, we shall also place a flask containing a very deadly substance as well as a hammer that will break said flask open at a pure 50 50 shot when timer hits 0. We shall leave said box sealed, and hypothosis if it is dead or not and truly have an enlightening session. However, in the end, we must realise the true meaning of this project- you just possibly unleashed a deadly substance inside of a box over a ******* rock. The answer is "It's a rock damnit," and unless paper is brought into the equation, I'm pretty sure it is fine.

blackrose84 4

That Schrödinger reference just made my day tenfold.