By honutattoo - 19/12/2009 08:29 - United States

Today, I finally came home from a semester of college, and all my parents and sister can talk about is how bad my acne has gotten. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 989
You deserved it 3 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well that sucks. I'm sorry that's all they care about, maybe go hang with other family or friends until they realize is not that big of a deal

Derek321 2

I'm sorry man. I had cystic acne a few years ago. I finally had to use acutane, so I haven't had a pimple in years now, though my skin is always dry. I feel your pain... -Ty

Comments

FYL I know what thatt's like. I'm 21. My acne is loads better since I started on isotretinoin, but I had it very badly for a couple of years while I tried all kinds of useless treatments. It was so bad that it was really painful at times. It had such a huge negative impact on my life, even though I am surpised how much In managed to block it out; if I had let myself appreciate just how bad it was, it wouldn't have been bearable... it was kind of a subconsicous destructive influence as well as a conscious one of not wanting to go out, not wanting anyone to see my disgusting face. My parents and family, as well as random strangers said some hurtful/annoying things. You definitely become " leper", you feel like no one wants to touch you and they probably don't. You are constantly worrying about getting new breakouts and hoping vainly it will begin to clear up. Seriously don't delay, get the isotretinoin treatment. It may be a pain, especially if you are a woman, cos you have to take very stringent precautions to ensure that you don't get pregnant whilst taking the medication or your baby will either miscarry or have very severe birth defects...but really how many people with severe acne have many sexual opportunities. XD Now I hope I can have some in the near future...it makes such a difference...it gives you your life back.... your face is so important for social communication it cannot be underestimated. Good luck.

mrdecay 3

All your parents. as in, your three mums and seventeen dads?

middletoe 5

As in "all they can talk about". :P ah, the things you can learn if you put your mind to it!

MetalCraze 11

nightingale your a total moron my niece had severe acne covering her entire face is was horrible and after we took her to a doctor her face was clear in only a month. get more informed you troglodytic imbecile.

pistbag 0

same will probably happen with me

Aww sorry ): just rub some stuff on your face and it will probably clear up.

shalizzz 0

1. Stop complaining. 2. Understand that your parents and sister are not trying to be mean, they're just worried. It's not normal for acne to get worse after puberty - very often, it's a sign of a more serious health problem 2. Make an appointment with a dermatologist. The doctor should be able to determine the cause of your acne and recommend a treatement that will actually work.

katiecherrie 4

I know the feeling accutane all the way baby!!!!!

delibeli 0

are you related to me? we must have the same family