By crb25453 - 15/10/2015 05:07 - United States - Stafford

Today, I drove to my college campus for my 8 a.m. class, parked, walked the mile and a half to my classroom, just to find out class had been cancelled. The prof didn't send an email because she couldn't remember her password. I paid $1200 to be taught by this woman, who has a doctorate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 798
You deserved it 2 240

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you are any smarter.

I'm sorry, OP. It's frustrating when professors don't make a way communicate things like that. Especially for an early morning class! Hopefully she'll learn from this experience and write down her email password, or make the password "password"... or something. Haha.

Comments

Wow! Some professors really make that student loan feel useful don't they :/

I had a math prof, also with a Ph.D., who counted on their fingers while doing calculations during class. College is a joke

why are you parking so far away from your classes?

because colleges never spend any of their billion dollar endowments building things that are actually useful to students, like parking lots, they spend it all on statues and fountains and other garbage.

originalunicorn 20

there are ways to reset passwords, she should have let her students know.

As someone who works as a tech support for these instructors, this is totally accurate. I wouldn't trust half the instructors I speak with to flip my burger.

I do not believe that your teacher really forgot her password, nor more than I believe in such a slight relationship between a person's education and his, her, or its ability to deal with the world and its intricate practicalities. Where I live, 'professors' pull these stunts all the time. I've never heard of any of them advising their students of a cancelled class, nor to my knowledge do they ever apologize, nor indeed acknowledge any truancy. The reason is simple. While they are allowed to fail to make it to the classroom due to acts of God, they are bound by contract to do their best, always, to get there. Casual and capricious cancellations are not allowed. Sending out messages to advise students that a class will not be held comes down to leaving proof of breach of contract for the ever-eager department whip. As for students sticking their necks out and complaining... it can't work that way here, and there are no, but n o squeaky wheels. whistle-blowers, ni nada de eso.

rene22 18

How big is your campus that you had to walk a mile and a half to the classroom?

bad_boyfriend 10

As someone who works in higher ed. That is pretty standard. PhDs know a lot...about one topic. They are pretty much clueless about everything outside that topic.

A person can be smart in one area but dumb in another.