By oldshitnewshit - 22/10/2013 21:11 - United States

Today, I decided to try LSD with a few friends in a safe environment. As an artist, I had planned to spend my trip doing psychedelic paintings and had all my supplies set up. Apparently I spent most of my time in fetal position muttering about the "evil easel" and never even touched my canvas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 893
You deserved it 57 070

oldshitnewshit tells us more.

Looking at the comments I see we've got some seriously mixed opinions about me. So, first off: Hi, I'm Juniper, I'm 23 and I'm in art school in the US. I have never tried LSD or any other kind of "hardcore" drug before this. My friend had some tabs that he had used before and asked me if I wanted to try it. I agreed, only after doing extensive research, and determining that the risk was one I was willing to take. During that research, I stumbled across some beautiful works of people who had done art under the influence and thought perhaps I could have some fun trying that as well. I'm an art student and always open to new things. My parents were also hardcore hippies back in the day, and they've told me about their psychedelic experiences. I knew my risks. I have no plans to take LSD again, although I'm not currently suffering any adverse effects aside from water tasting kinda metallic for the next 24 hours (this took place about a week ago.) And the FML is actually not entirely true, but exaggerated for comedic effect. The paranoia and muttering did not last the entire time, only about 15-30 minutes. My entire trip lasted about 9-10 hours. One of my friends decided to remove the easel when she saw that it was making me upset. I think its large, angled presence in the room was off-putting. I actually spent the majority of my time having a good trip, my friends took great care of me. And despite not touching my canvas, I made some radical drawings. I did my research, I knew my risks, I set myself up responsibly. I'm not looking for sympathy or support– I just thought I'd share my kinda funny story. Those of you who are calling me an idiot are entitled to your opinions, but you're not insulting a wall. I'm a human being that makes choices for myself. Those of you who abstain from drugs, you should be proud! That's wonderful and healthy, but please allow and do not judge me for my own choices. My experimental phase is not harmful or offensive to you. And to my fellow art junkies: I wasn't expecting to create a masterpiece, this was for fun. I'm a learning artist!

Top comments

Drugs are harmful for you regardless of how 'safe' the environment is perceived to be.

Apparently it wasn't a very safe environment if even your easel is evil.

Comments

Infamous_Tora 12

say no to drugs simple as that no sympathy here.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

People do some amazing art work on drugs. :P

AliceLockehart 18

The best painting I've ever done, I was on LSD. Thumb me down if you like but it's true. Everything in moderation, but some things aren't for everyone.

Some of the best art and most talented artists have used LSD. But it's not like the drug suddenly gave them the talent. It just 'opened up' their minds and added to their creativity. The Beatles did LSD a ton. Did that help them create their music? Yes. But even if they had never taken it, they were still incredibly talented and would still be remembered as one of the greatest bands in our history.

"I decided to try LSD" is all I had to read before I voted You Deserve It

graceinsheepwear 33

Nope, but it might be an experience unlike any other that you remember for the rest of your life.

Michael_92 20

Sorry dude but ydi so much. I couldn't care less that you do the drugs, not my area too judge, however thinking you are going to paint while on it? Besides the painting that came out of that is likely going to be pretty ****** up.

Have you ever seen some of the art people have made while on LSD or other similar drugs? Some of it is the most interesting stuff I've ever seen. But for the most part, it is pretty crappy haha .

Well... now you can paint the evil easel?

You serious? LSD breaks your brain, OP. It could be years down the road and you can have a sudden trip again, it doesn't matter how safe an environment it is, unless you aren't leaving that place for the rest of your life. You think you'd learn about the incredibly dangerous substance you are about to put into your body.

You tripped w the wrong people.. It's easy to guide someone out of a bad trip if you know what you doing

crackz12 10

In his comment back he said they did guide him out. and it really depends on the person some people just think to negatively which makes it hard.

graceinsheepwear 33

I'm sorry, but the only line in your profile description is about alcohol. A bit hypocritical, mmmkay?

Guess you don't know bout Mr Mackey, mmmkay