By Shanarie - 05/10/2015 15:40 - United States

Today, I decided to hang my $200 cocktail dress outside for faster drying after hand washing it. I learned that it dries much faster when torn into several pieces, courtesy a stray dog that randomly appeared at my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 941
You deserved it 5 166

Shanarie tells us more.

OP here. I made an account just to respond to you guys! I live in the country, so I figured making a small clothes line for just my dress wouldn't be a problem.I guess it was just bad timing.The dog was an abandoned pet that was malnourished. Im a shelter volunteer, so we took him to a good home. :)

Top comments

Was it red? Flapping in the wind, like a matador flag?

I have a dark sense of humor but that's a little much

Comments

Why was it so low to the ground? Almost every clothes line I've sent in like 8 ft off the ground except from some steps or a porch where it's reachable...

MonstreBelle 28

Maybe it was a bigger dog that was able to jump high enough to pull it down. I have a German Shepherd who could definitely do that.

My clothes line is pretty low maybe 6ftish off the ground, and most I've seen in England are about the same. Probs different in the US and Canada though?

That's pretty low, makes sense I guess. :/ FYL OP (I've only seen ones that are pretty high up in Canada)

Better off having it air dry indoors with a few fans to help...that's what i do with my delicates

I would be more concerned about the poor stray dog then the dress. Try to find his owner or at least call animal control.

c_wyld 21

OP here. I made an account just to respond to you guys! I live in the country, so I figured making a small clothes line for just my dress wouldn't be a problem.I guess it was just bad timing.The dog was an abandoned pet that was malnourished. Im a shelter volunteer, so we took him to a good home. :)

"Heaven" does not qualify as a good home.

I have a dark sense of humor but that's a little much

It could be a no-kill shelter, you know.

Actually, Heaven is the perfect home. He's in eternal paradise where he's a young, energetic puppy with infinite space to run and play with the other dogs, and nothing bad will ever happen to him. Plus he gets to live forever in bliss, so I don't know what you're being so negative about.

meli1195 31

they're being negative because they don't like the fact that some shelters euthanize animals instead of finding them proper homes where they can live happy lives.

the shelter I volunteer at doesn't euthanize. most of them dont, if that's even where the dog was taken. at least she did something about it, instead of just letting the poor animal fend for himself

Sounds to me like fate. If that dress wasn't hanging, the dog would've never approached it, thus you never would've found it and saved it! Poor thing may have been THAT hungry that it tried to eat the dress. So a $200 dress as a sacrifice for a life is worth it OP. Thank you for being an awesome human and found a safe place for the dog to go!

Denise1988 13

Are you sure they don't? We had a lab who attacked our cat. We took him to the SPCA and they told us that because he was dog aggressive as well, he'd be euthanized in 3 days time. Needless to say, we picked him up 2 days later and gave him to a single lady with no other pets.

Good thing a friend of mine is nursing the pup back to health, then. ;) Maybe you misunderstood my comment since I couldn't type anymore, but "good home" stands for an actual home here on earth. With a real family.

Humuckachiki 9

Holy shit person, you looked way too far into this.

I live in a capital city and we have clothes lines wherever we can, so I sure don't see a problem. At least half of the balconies look like clothes shop windows in the summer :)

Next time something that expensive an option would be to hang it to dry somewhere's in your home . Your neighbors won't try to steal it or bird won't poop on it or get torn apart from a random stray. Just something that expensive I wouldn't take my chances leaving outside!

Does your cat keep random stray dogs out of your yard? Because that's a pretty badass cat.

Mine does ... The neighbourhood dogs are scared of my cat :D

Hopefully you can find a replacement dress soon, before it's needed. Luckily, with the changing seasons, there are clearance sales everywhere