By suchagoodholiday - 05/10/2015 09:57 - Indonesia - Jakarta

Today, I've been in Bali for 12 days. We have done nothing but sit around because my whole family is sick, and they won't let me do anything because it's supposed to be a "family vacation". FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 961
You deserved it 1 777

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who cares what they say. If you're old enough go do whatever you want. And if they get pissed then oh well. Just because they're sick and can't do anything doesn't mean you should be stuck not doing anything either.

HerpNdurp88 0

Just go man don't waste your time there they will get over it or join you either way you win.

Comments

At least they care about you! Take heart and recover, and everything will be ok.

How do they care about him? He's not sick and should be able to do what he wants if he's old enough.

DeltaDragonxx 20

I expected more from a regular commentor

Pike313 14

You have very low expectations

kristadc 20

Always that one person that misreads the FML..

I'm not regular lol, I just comment random positive shit for op, and I don't give a shit about the fml. I'm just there to make their day better :)

That really sucks OP. I hope they let you get out at least once before you leave!

That's a bit selfish of you OP don't you think? I dont blame you tho... Hope your family gets well soon so you can all have fun in Bali

leogachi 15

@3 How is it selfish? Op wants to go out and have fun during a vacation. I don't know about you, but I always thought that's what vacations are for.

If anything, OP's family are the ones being selfish.

It's not selfish at all. OP is on holiday and they can't enjoy it because of this, they might as well have stayed at home. My parents do the same thing, if either of them have an upset stomach (which is often because they have food intolerances) everyone else has to stay in. It's really not fun to sit inside when you've gone on holiday, you should be out exploring.

Personally, I don't see much fun in going out in a strange country alone without knowing anyone anyway. But maybe that's just me.

leogachi 15

@21 If Op felt that way they wouldn't be saying that they aren't allowed to go out, they would be saying that they're stuck because it would be uncomfortable to go out.

HerpNdurp88 0

Just go man don't waste your time there they will get over it or join you either way you win.

Do they just want you to watch them be sick? :/

Take care of them. Be good. And ask after. They'll be more satisfied.

Or they can take care of themselves and let him go out and explore instead of staying in and getting sick with the rest of them.

Hope they feel better before your vacation is over!

I hope you're able to get out OP, that's not very fair of them. It's your vacation too.

Who cares what they say. If you're old enough go do whatever you want. And if they get pissed then oh well. Just because they're sick and can't do anything doesn't mean you should be stuck not doing anything either.

Just go. Have fun. Do what you want to do.