By DumbDinosaur - 09/03/2009 15:01 - United States

Today, I decided to do a load of laundry. Two minutes into the cycle, I realized that I left my iPod in my sweatpants pocket. The washing machine door locks automatically and cannot be opened until the 40-minute cycle is up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 358
You deserved it 52 314

DumbDinosaur tells us more.

DumbDinosaur 0

The machine was in my dorm building and was your generic industrial washer - no OFF switch, no fancy doors, etc. Once the cycle's on, it's on for the duration. Since it was linked up to 9 other machines, had I pulled the plug, I would've not only flooded out the laundry room but would have had 9 very unhappy residents on my back..heh. Oh, and never mind the happy ending - the iPod never bounced back to life. Serves me right, I guess.

Top comments

if you turn the cycle or machine off the door unlocks. You can then turn it back on and keep washing your clothes.

That's why you always check your pants pockets to make sure they're empty before you throw them in the wash.

Comments

#37, most people cant get to their washing machine's outlets easily. They are usually in the back.

jesticulate 0

yea same thing happened to mine jut let it dry for a few days b4 turning it on and it should be fine

TheNameless_fml 0

Oh man, that sucks. I hate washers that lock and I really miss having an old top-loader that didn't lock. Then again, it was your fault for not checking your pockets before throwing your pants in the washer.

Dude, are you the one whose mom found your iPod in the dryer? 'cause that'd be just awesome.

now u can call it bubblePOD instead of playing music it makes bubbles... pretty kewl invention if u ask me.. GO PATENT IT!!!!!

FUnny..that sucks but do u have waarranty? will it even cover that i unoo.. best luck

Oh, that sucks. I did that once, but my iPod still works. Hope it's not a touch!

omg! at my school they are the same way. i just did laundry and i can NOT find my ipod!!! pray for me lol

This is why you should practice taking apart your electronics. pop it open, put it under a fan for a day, put it back together, and it'll probably be fine. Unless it had a hard drive. Then light a few candles for it and pray. And no, it probably isn't covered under warrenty. IF you say it was water damage. if you say "it broke, can you do something?" there's a decent chance they'll replace it.