By Anonymous - 09/05/2009 14:48 - United States

Today, I decided I would eat healthy in order to lose weight. Feeling powerful, I threw away all of the icecream in my freezer. An hour later, I picked the icecream carton out of the garbage and ate the entire half-melted carton. FML
I agree, your life sucks 222
You deserved it 458

Top comments

moleSG 6

YDI. If you can't control your cravings that badly, then you need to throw it away and KEEP it away.

Sorry, that is disgusting. I've never heard of anyone who has such a lack of self control.

Comments

Is it that hard to go out and get more ice cream? Or... is it that hard to get someone to DELIVER food to you? Some of those guys even accept credit card. Foodler? DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO EAT OUT OF THE TRASH??? YDI.

APPARENTLY SHE COULDN'T HOLD IT ANYMORE. D:

sweetie, there are better ways of going on a diet than wasting food you've already bought. almost any food can be "healthy" if you eat it in moderation, and studies show that the more you "forbid" a food, the more you'll end up wanting it anyway. just try switching your simple carbs like white bread to whole grains, amp up the amount of green veggies you eat in a day, and do a little exercise you enjoy. you'll be well on your way without having to worry about the "temptation" of ice cream.

wow thats really bad... maybe instead of indulging in ice cream next time just brush your teeth or fill up on something yummy AND healthy. getting food out of the garbage is really feral, atleast you might have a stronger immune system?.....

Been there and done that, sadly. Just keep trying.

So, the point of healthy eating and exercise is that you improve over time. Naturally and gradually. Reducing the fat intake and increasing fruits and vegetables, and going for regular walks, is all you need to get started. No drama, no misery, no skipping a treat here and there. Making huge and sudden decisions will scare you and play on your fear and disappointment about what lies ahead, because you will be convinced it's hardship and loss. Instead, over the course of a month add 50% more good things and cut 50% more bad things. Go for a walk 3 times a week now that the weather is good. Weigh yourself every TWO WEEKS and no more frequently than that. Know that during any few days you can lose or gain a bit depending on water and poop and whatever. You want a gradual and permanent change. Reaching a new equilibrium where you can be for the rest of your life is worth a year. No sudden changes, or you will fail.

little_m 0

I can't even beleive what people are commenting on this. To commenters # 16,21,23,29,30,33,34,38: you should all go to hell as soon as possible. You know nothing about the OP or their situation except that they have little self control, and your assuming that they are morbidly obese? It could just be someone trying to lose some weight before summer. People like you are the reason so many younger girls starve themselves or force themselves to throw up just to be skinny. And to the OP I'm sorry. You don't have to quit eating junk food entirely, just in moderation. A really good way to lose weight is taking daily walks, they really help.

boatkicker 4

It's not just younger girls who do this. I knew a 32 year old man with anorexia, and also a teenage boy. I've heard of more than my fair share of adult women with it too. But anyways, it is a huge percentage of younger teenage girls.

@#36 The world is full of mindless judgment, and this site is a good place to find it.

Cormophyte 0

#21 is right on the money. I like eating food a lot. I'd be really happy if I ate a tub of ice cream every day and life would be great. I don't do that because pleasure isn't everything and I'd wind up being fat, but some people aren't as forward-thinking as I am. I'm glad I'm not one of those people because if I was it wouldn't be because I'm sick, it would be because I'm a fat person who never made the connection between eating too much and being unhappy in the long term. There are very few good excuses, just a lot of plausible reasons.

Vampire_maiden4 0

Okay, that's kind of sad. Truthfully eating ice cream, isn't all that bad for you but... you have to a. Exercise b. really want to lose weight c. and be extremely motivated to keep a low calorie diet. Some junk food is okay in moderation but that's only if you exercise 30 minutes every 3 days or everyday.

ButterFly_16 0

Gross. I bet you were planning to go back and eat it when you put in there, you just wanted to feel powerful for the moment. And why the garbage, if you really wanted to get rid of it you would have rinsed it down the sink or flushed it down the toilet where you couldn't have retrieved it.