By brokenbabe - 22/06/2011 02:38 - United States

Today, I decided I was done waiting for my boyfriend to ask me to marry him, so we were cuddling in his bed and I asked him. He asked for a rain check. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 112
You deserved it 15 101

brokenbabe tells us more.

I am the OP. my boyfriend and i havent had sex. Thats the first thing. We've been together 3 years. He has promised we are getting married since fall 2010. He said like this summer. I did not leave him. I am just mad at him

Top comments

Next time he asks for sex ask for a raincheck, simple as that.

Not as bad as the FML a while ago about the guy who proposed at Chuck-E-Cheese.

Comments

So he's not ready for some frivolous ceremony. He's devoted to you, isn't he? Is an overpriced spectacle really going to improve the relationship?

pretty soon marriage will be a thing of the past, just couples living together. Honestly I don't need a ring to show my girl how much i love her, the fact that she knows is enough plus, isn't everyone tired of divorces and the drama it comes with. I tend to look at marriage as a job in order for it to last both partners need to work at it. I already have a job no need for another! No disrespect intended for anyone.

That's a little silly. Being married won't and shouldn't change the dynamic of the relationship. So if that is what you (or anyone else) is worried about, then you have the wrong ideas of marriage. That said, you are right, you don't need to be married to know you love each other. But things like finances and childcare, marriage provides you a little legal safety-net should things go awry... which, you know, hopefully if you are getting married, they won't, but... stuff happens.

I'm just putting my opinion on the subject and letting OP know that marriage isn't really necessary.

The work comes in keeping the relationship alive, be that married or not. If you are not prepared to work at being a partner you're nearly bound to split up. Marriage neither causes that nor makes you immune from it.

jobsman99 0

agree with 25. with his **** in your mouth, not wearing a top and look up at him and ask him to marry you. return to sucking him off and keep on the edge of ejaculation into your mouth and you got him.

While I heartily approve of this message, if she can talk coherently with his **** in her mouth then he's surely not worth marrying!

KaskStunter 4

Poor fella, now he has to move to another town to get rid if you.

damnnn thats depressing but yeah you should have just let him ask you... eventually

TraceCase_ 19

Maaaybe, he asked for a rain check because he HAS been contemplating asking you, in a legit setting, all romantic-like. But then you caught him by surprise and threw his whole game off. He didn't say no! Just my theory, but who really knows. Guess you'll have to ask, OP.