By brokenbabe - 22/06/2011 02:38 - United States

Today, I decided I was done waiting for my boyfriend to ask me to marry him, so we were cuddling in his bed and I asked him. He asked for a rain check. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 112
You deserved it 15 101

brokenbabe tells us more.

I am the OP. my boyfriend and i havent had sex. Thats the first thing. We've been together 3 years. He has promised we are getting married since fall 2010. He said like this summer. I did not leave him. I am just mad at him

Top comments

Next time he asks for sex ask for a raincheck, simple as that.

Not as bad as the FML a while ago about the guy who proposed at Chuck-E-Cheese.

Comments

If you're younger than 27 and/or you've been going out for less than three years, then you need to back off. But if you're at least 27 AND you've been going out for at least 3 years, then maybe you need to make him a little jealous. Do you live together yet? Maybe you can settle for moving in.

Let him wait, pressuring him to marry you isn't going to help, ive seen it far too many times.

jadejazmyn 5

Lol he would have said no regardless. If a man isn't giving signs he wants to mary you he doesn't want to mary you

hefty conversation. don't be that girl. talk about marriage like a "someday" thing, not a "buy me a rock and propose OR ELSE" thing. that's why pushy girls get called psycho and get dumped.

MEM0817 18

Noooooo OP... noooooo. If he wanted to marry you he would of asked by now. I will never ask a guy out, ask a guy to marry me etc. I let THEM take it in their own hands...

birds_fml 7

I can't believe all the women saying that women should never propose. Maybe the guy is expecting her to mention when she wants to get married? That's what my husband assumed, that if I wanted to get married I'd ask him to propose. Which is ridiculous, of course... proposing is suggesting you get married, and if I told him I wanted him to propose, THAT would be the proposal! In any case, after 3 years, I got sick and tired of waiting around for him and asked him if he wanted to get married. And now we are. Anyways, if he doesn't want to get married, and you do, it's time to dump him and keep looking. Good for you, OP, for taking the initiative to get what you want.

Dudine, if he never really gave any thought to it then of course he's not going to give you a definite answer. if he had said no, you probably would have considered the relationship over and I doubt he would have ever said yes if he never thought about it.

The opinions and "advice" on this post... it is blatantly obvious why the divorce rate is staggeringly high and nobody can find a happy relationship anymore. Jesus ******* Christ, world. Where do you all get your ideas and high expectations? Disney?

Yeah, haha. Love is more illusion-al than praying (my opinion).

Someone needs to make movies that teaches that the ideal hardly ever happens as an answer to those stupid Disney movies.