By single and unbuggered - 31/07/2015 21:04 - United Kingdom - Manchester

Today, I caught my boyfriend cheating on me. He didn't break down into tears, or say he'd made a huge mistake, or even apologise. No, he just looked up and said "Bugger." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 285
You deserved it 2 272

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly, would you rather him lie to you if he isn't the least bit remorseful?

Even if he had apologized, more often than not they're only sorry they got caught; not sorry for being douchewaffles.

Comments

Diablitos 11

Either he really is sorry and in the heat of the moment could not come up with something else like "ooops" or has the worst vocabulary ever...

Allornone 35

They are from Manchester. "Bugger" is a common enough slang term. While still a craptastic response for other reasons, it's really no worse than "oops."

Well at least there wasn't a bull shit excuse. You should've responded "BUGGER YOU!"

amileah13 26

Don't waste your tears over him. If that's his reaction to being caught cheating, he ain't worth the tears. Sorry that happened to you op :(

Honestly, you got off easy. Just imagine if he HAD wept with remorse and begged you to forgive him and give him just one more chance because he'll never ever do it again because it was just a stupid mistake and he really really loves you and can't live without you. You might actually feel guilty about dumping his sorry ass (even though his heartfelt apology is all bullshit because, let's face it, cheating is a deliberate act, not something that "just happens"), but now you're Scott free with no regrets or doubts. Now find yourself a not-asshole.

Either way if you catch him he better bug off...and never try to come back...remorse or not...

what's up with cheating nowadays? Why do so many people do it?

Because we live in a society that is constantly sending the message "get this, that, or the other that you DESERVE" This message tends to foster the "it's all about me" mindset.

Cheating is a time tested tradition. Physiologically we are not meant to be monogamous. Our brains tell us that we should be while our hormones tell us we should be sleeping with whichever mate is most likely to produce healthy offspring. Nature vs nurture and we will lose every time.

38, cheating isn't some kind of innate genetic code, it's a decision weak assholes make because they have entitlement and selfishness issues. Hormones aren't mind-control, and feeling vaguely horny around other people while unavailable doesn't necessitate cheating. Either flush the pseudoscience or post a video of you trying to unironically explain it to a professor of biology. I'd pay to see the second one.

I just find it disgusting that it's a joke now. It's this huge running joke about having side hoes and hiding your phone and everything and it's disgusting. Either be faithful or don't be in a relationship. There are plenty of people that just wanna ****, no strings attached. Although, I'll agree, cheating isn't a new concept. It's just a little more accepted now, unfortunately.

44 We are programmed by evolution to spread the seeds of life everywhere. Many scientists and professors say we still have the caveman brain. It's a sad truth, not pseudoscience.

tarlax 11

God you have such a massive misunderstanding of human evolution. Take a course on it instead of spouting crap. And damn, that whole "programmed by evolution" makes me cringe so hard. You sound so uneducated on the subject.

Evolution influences genetic code. We are programmed by evolution to behave certain ways. Why do you think we are able to walk instinctually, or that birds can fly, etc?

Behaviors like breathing are innate; behaviors like cheating on your partner are learned. Moron.

tarlax 11

#70, aka Dipshit, maybe I'm just arguing semantics, like how I hate when people say evolution "designs" stuff, but evolution doesn't "program" anything, and evolutionary changes sure as **** don't force people to cheat on their partners. Humans are neither inherently monogamous nor polygamous, it's largely a culture thing, and you really should actually study evolution properly before offering your opinion on it.

I know how you feel OP. Never forget you are better without him :)

Ha, you English use the term 'bugger' as well as us Kiwis...