By Anonymous - 21/01/2011 00:10 - United States

Today, I called the college of my dreams to check the status of my application. Turns out they "never received" copies of my transcripts. They did however cash the $70 application fee that was mailed with them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 059
You deserved it 2 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pwincessa23 1

have someone look into it. I'm sure They can track down who cashed the check.

DarkHelmet 10

That's the college education system for you!! Your lucky you got to use a check, most colleges want money orders now for app fees. Those sneaky *******...MOs are harder to trace than checks so you should actually feel good about this cause if it were the other way around you'd be SOL

Comments

OMG! FYL, that's so horrible! Counselors are so selfish for refusing to switch to online transcripts. Sending in the mail can endanger students' futures!! why are people so worried about the $70? I'm more concerned about the fact that OP doesn't get to go to their dream school!

oh geez, get real. Sending mail isn't endangering anybody's future. Just send it by registered post then you can track it.

wtf? The university I work at won't accept faxes. A fax is a copy, not the original document. We require either the original document or a certified copy. A fax is neither.

Hey dumbass your school sends in transcripts not you only the application could have been sent with the fee. Other than that they probably wouldn't have excepted it if it was sent with you. Go to your school and tell them to send your transcripts to the schools you want it might not be to late. Although I doubt youll read this so to whoever does.

I can say from 2-1/2 years of experience that the people who work in college offices have no clue what the **** they're doing. It doesn't matter if it's a prestigious private institute or a run-down community college (I've done both); the office workers are clueless. -IMP ;) :)

arrjayy 1

if your application fee was sent in with your transcript, my guess is that they weren't official transcripts, which most schools require. Whoever got your check and transcript probably just threw it away because it was no good.

is it still the college of your dreams?

doglover100 28