By hi_im_ughlee - 05/11/2015 03:36

Today, I broke up with the guy I was seeing because he has a bad temper. He refused to believe me and decided that the best way to prove me wrong was to completely destroy my newly built house, inside and out, while I was at work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 954
You deserved it 1 693

hi_im_ughlee tells us more.

Hey, guys! I'm OP. I'm glad most of you are supportive about this! Charges have been filed and he will be sued for all damages. He actually did break in, and he broke all the windows and doors, smashed all the lights and mirrors, took a hammer to the brick outside and the walls inside, and destroyed my deck. I had mini cameras installed to make sure no one would steal anything while the house was still being worked on, so I've got irrefutable proof that it was him and slowly but surely he will be brought down.

Top comments

Involve the police. Someone capable of that is a criminal and may decide to go further and take it out on you

Put a restraining order on him. With a temper like that he surely wont be glad you broke up with him in the future.

Comments

Mathalamus 24

I'm kinda impressed that he managed to destroy an entire house. Maybe you should have him put down? I would.

Hey, guys! I'm OP. I'm glad most of you are supportive about this! Charges have been filed and he will be sued for all damages. He actually did break in, and he broke all the windows and doors, smashed all the lights and mirrors, took a hammer to the brick outside and the walls inside, and destroyed my deck. I had mini cameras installed to make sure no one would steal anything while the house was still being worked on, so I've got irrefutable proof that it was him and slowly but surely he will be brought down.

I'm sorry about your house but I'm glad you have the proof.

Geckosrock99 33

Way to put him in his place OP! That'll teach him not to mess with you!

good job not telling the ex about the cameras. that is diabolical

Oh thank goodness. You dodged a bullet there. That is actually a red flag to future domestic violence if he is willing to destroy your things like that. I'm sure you are aware of the since you did break up with him. Good luck OP! May you celebrate single hood with gusto!

I'm so happy you're pressing charges and that you have proof he did it! These type of guys need to be shown that they are not above the law and not invincible. They walk around thinking their better and smarter than everyone else and that no one can touch them because of how "tough" they are. Nothing like a reality check and time spent with the police to bring them down. Sorry for your house, but it's nice to know that he'll be paying for it (or what he can) and that he'll be going down for it. I bet it almost makes it worth it...almost. Hope your place gets put back together quickly and that the charges and punishment go through fast!

Fantastic I'm sorry you had to deal with this but good on you for putting in the cameras.

smart putting the cameras up. good luck by the way

Holy hell, this week's FMLs and my own past history make me wish FML had some kind of Creepy Asshole Exes Wall of Shame. I wound up dropping charges against my thief of an ex due to fears of financial repercussions, though I did successfully get a restraining order against him and his parents. Good for you, OP, for sticking it to yours! I hope the courts wring him dry.

Good for you! Stick it to that son of a bitch!

I'm glad he only hurt the house and not you OP! The house can be fixed. You are irreplaceable!

Wow, he really proved you wrong didn't he! Glad it wasn't you although it sucks about your house.

If I could say anything to you it would be to also file a restraining order, get a concealed carry permit (assuming you have morals,) and install an alarm. Never be alone with this person ever again no matter what they say. Recently my good friend's niece was stabbed and choked to death by her ex after breaking up with him. He also had violent tendencies which is why they broke up.

Honest to god I hope they put him behind bars so that he doesn't do this to anyone else. You deserve so much better OP :(

Helldemon 32

Glad you had proof and hope you can get your place fixed back up quickly :)

So sorry to hear this happened, OP! Glad you dumped the asshole and have everything caught on camera.

bobbyguy 17

Hope everything goes well! Update us as to how everything goes. Good luck with this situation OP!

Sorry to hear that, it makes me very happy to hear you had cameras though.

Bad temper? That's just borderline psychotic!

amileah13 26

Oh god. Thank god it wasn't you he took his temper out on, your body I mean. Sounds like he was heading down that path

Definitely OP dodged a bullet. If he can inflict this amount of damage on a building there's no telling what he would have done to her if she "pissed him off". He's clearly psychotic and I sincerely hope he goes to jail.

Call the police and have him charged for destruction of property. Get a restraining order on him. And hell while your at it i would see if you can get your hands on some pepper spray. Someone like that might decide to come after YOU in the future.

Go and register a complaint. Get the shit outta him. Do not tolerate his tantrums!

takeittoem 8

Take it to the police, press charges - then SUE.