By Blink_me26 - 19/08/2013 04:50 - Australia - Balwyn

Today, I bid on an item on eBay, only to find the exact item I wanted later while out in the city. I bought it, assuming I would be outbid, as always. Nope. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 251
You deserved it 39 204

Blink_me26 tells us more.

I did not expect this to get posted at all haha well anyway it was actually a pink unicorn onesie (yes I'm a child inside), I'm definitely going to buy it because it's not the seller's fault and my best friend is going to buy it off me for a onesie party she's going to so I'll just change the address to her house, no harm done. I'm very surprised I won the auction because I am always outbid at the last minute, the demand for pink unicorns probably isn't very high. Thanks for your comments, even the one that said I was an asshole lol :)

Top comments

Just ask to cancel the order. Explain why. They usually understand. If you are nice to them they are usually nice back! Works for me.

missd420 16

Comments

You might be able to ask for a refund if not allowed take back the one you just bought...either way you take it you'll have one or depending on the item you could have a nice piece of symmetry if needed...

Poor assumptions are what make our entertainment here on FML.

I bought a charger off Amazon for $20 and saw what I needed later at Walgreens for $8. At first I was like SMH but I guess I have spares now. Idk how much you spent but you live and you learn OP!

Wait you still bought both instead of just one? ? YDI

perdix 29

When you ASSUME, You make an ASS out of U rself. ME ?! I'm just pointing and laughing at U!

better pay up, I hate when clowns don't pay for the items they win from me.

southernbelle_rn 16

Or they lie and say they never received said item. Half.com did that to me. Took the money out my account and once I showed delivery confirmation they gave it back. I'll never use either site ever again.

Amen to that. It's pretty annoying when a buyer backs out of a sale. Especially if you've listed the item for an entire week, waited for someone to buy it, then the buyer changes their mind, so you have to re-list it again and wait another week (or 5 days, or 3 days, whatever) to see if it gets sold.

Well, you could always sell one on eBay. ;)

brand2017 9

It sucks, but you know if you hadnt bought it- you probably would have lost the bid and had nothing. Use the spare as a gift, re-sell it, use it as a back up, do something creative with it, etc. you may find a random use for the second one. :)

So fyl because you bought two of the same item? You could get in contact with the seller and explain the situation. You could return the one you bought in store. You could resell one of them. I really don't understand the problem here.