By Blink_me26 - 19/08/2013 04:50 - Australia - Balwyn

Today, I bid on an item on eBay, only to find the exact item I wanted later while out in the city. I bought it, assuming I would be outbid, as always. Nope. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 251
You deserved it 39 204

Blink_me26 tells us more.

I did not expect this to get posted at all haha well anyway it was actually a pink unicorn onesie (yes I'm a child inside), I'm definitely going to buy it because it's not the seller's fault and my best friend is going to buy it off me for a onesie party she's going to so I'll just change the address to her house, no harm done. I'm very surprised I won the auction because I am always outbid at the last minute, the demand for pink unicorns probably isn't very high. Thanks for your comments, even the one that said I was an asshole lol :)

Top comments

Just ask to cancel the order. Explain why. They usually understand. If you are nice to them they are usually nice back! Works for me.

missd420 16

Comments

littlexlune 16

(The item was actually duck-shaped headphones)

Which did you pay more for? Return the one that costs more.

You can only retract bids under certain conditions, and I'm pretty sure "I bought one somewhere else" doesn't meet eBay's requirements. Plus, it sounds like the won the auction, so it's too late to retract the bid anyway.

Just sell it back on eBay and hope you get your money back... Or return the one from the store

The sheer tragedy!!! Shakespeare would've been proud to have written it....

I work for eBay customer service, altough not for long yet. But the common practice in case of an item you ordered but dont want is to contact the seller and ask for him to send you an offer to cancel the transaction. If you accept it the seller gets his selling provision back. If he doesnt want that well... :)