By idontevengetpaid - 05/09/2016 04:35 - Brazil - Rio De Janeiro

Today, I arrived at my internship at 7 am after three hours of sleep with a massive hangover. When I got there, my boss told me he had made a mistake and I was meant to come in next week. He then said, "Well, now that you're here, you might as well get some work done. Come in next week as well." FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 145
You deserved it 15 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jentrynicole 20

You probably shouldn't have been drinking heavily the night before you were supposed to go in. Even if your boss told you the wrong week, clearly you thought you were supposed to work.

You most absolutely deserved this. You drank, you stayed out all night. YDI.

Comments

how about not drinking a day before the start of an internship?

That was a pretty jackass move on your part, OP. Even if your internship is unpaid, it's an opportunity to gain work experience and even receive a permanent job offer. And the fact that you felt it was appropriate to stay up all night drinking indicates that you really do not care about this opportunity. YDI

I hate it when alcohol drunkens me and keeps me up all hours of the night before I have to go to work. I also hate when things cost more than I have, but I go ahead and buy them anyway so I get into debt. Then there's like so many calories in cakes and stuff, but I eat way too much of the sweets and now, at no fault of my own, I'm overweight. I mean, when am I ever going to catch a break?

I saw at least two people get fired from the last place I worked at for coming in drunk. I think it goes without saying that you did this to yourself. If you manage to keep your internship, maybe try NOT doing that from now on.

So you had an internship the next day yet you thought it would be a good idea to drink the night before why?

Thatguy07 11

How was the olympics #YouinRio

AngelusLeonhart 3

Who starts an internship like this? Kinda disrespectful to your employer

It sucks that you have to work both weeks now, and I would feel really bad if you weren't supposed to work today. But why would you go out drinking on a work night???

Fml? No, that's just how is works my friend, you knew you had stuff to do and instead of getting mentally prepared for it (I.e; not getting wasted) you set yourself up for failure.

YDI for knowingly getting trashed the day before you start your internship. In fact, YDI for getting trashed at all.