By aviationgeek - 18/05/2016 18:18 - United States - Bothell

Today, as a Uber driver, a passenger requested a ride at 5:30 a.m. so he could go a half block to the McDonald's drive thru and back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 959
You deserved it 2 488

aviationgeek tells us more.

Op here. the guy didn't tip or offer to buy me any food. it was a $3 fare.

Top comments

Well you got paid didn't you? And you did sign up for that "job" didn't you?

I am also an Uber driver... I've totally had this happen to me too! I don't mind it, usually I get free food, and get paid and sometimes tipped on top of it.

Comments

In the UK it opens for breakfast at that time and also we have a lot of 24 hour ones too

There are some 24 hour ones in the US as well.

RA91 26

-_- FacePalm!!! Why did this have to be in America??? We aren't all like this, just wanna make that clear!!

Now the question is which Uber class is it? And How long was your pickup drive?!!!

I can't believe I have never thought of this before. Thanks for the idea OP!

Pretty sure all Uber fares are opt in/out for drivers. Maybe don't turn on the app and accept jobs at 5:30am? YDI.

P.S. This is why Uber is an evil Capitalist nightmare and must be stopped. At its worst it's slave labour.

That's rough. In that kind of job, all you can do is pray that there are enough good fares to average out the lousy ones.

Sounds like that passenger should have used postmates instead of uber.