This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By over it - 02/02/2017 22:00 - Australia - Ryde

Today, and for the last 9 months, my extended family continue to tell me how good my ex-girlfriend was and how stupid I was to break it off. Knowing how much they liked her, I decided not to tell them the reason I broke up with her was because she cheated on me, twice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 167
You deserved it 2 260

Top comments

Just tell them! Doesn't sound like it's your fault.

Comments

Unlike almost everyone else here, I have great respect for you. Instead of telling the world about your relationship problems you still protect her image and reputation instead of taking the low road. You are a good person OP. You'll find someone out there that's worthy of you.

You realize you're basically saying that he should continue letting his family blame him while extolling the virtues of his, essentially, emotionally abusive ex? There's differences between slandering someone, giving fair warning, correcting information, and rolling over and taking the fall for someone that doesn't deserve it.

i recently got married to my wife but in the two years before the wedding she cheated on me twice. we talked things through, worked it out and now were happily married. and while yes she cheated we loved each other enough to be adults and talk. so i really don't agree when people say stuff like she was a cheating **** and so on. this is my story and i dont know the guy who made this fml but thats my feelings on the matter. if things were bad enough to make you guys break up thats a shame. tell your family that if you don't want to tell them about her cheating on you.

just because they loved her doesn't mean you should hide the truth she cheated.

Dude, please tell them otherwise you won't hear the end of it. At the end of the days that's your family and they should be on your side no matter what, and if that means you breaking the news that your girlfriend was cheating, so be it.

I would tell them. It's not your fault and it sucks to be "charged" for something you don't deserve.