By ex-wife - 25/05/2018 09:00 - United States - Boston

Today, I found out that my 50-year-old ex-husband and the 20-year-old skank he cheated on me with are buying the house next door to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 619
You deserved it 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I never understood the old man dating the young girl thing. I don't care if it's legal it's still creepy as hell. I'm only 28 and I consider myself to old for a twenty year old.

Sounds like a new raunchy comedy movie: The ***** Next Door.

Comments

I never understood the old man dating the young girl thing. I don't care if it's legal it's still creepy as hell. I'm only 28 and I consider myself to old for a twenty year old.

Ikr. I rarely see these types of relationship that are "healthy" - that the younger person (be it male or female) isn't in it for the money, because of "daddy issues" and that the older person isn't in it for the "power trip" or having fragile ego and "proving something to others". Not saying that there aren't couples with closer age gap that have those problems, it just seems more obvious because huge age gap is not that common.

well if my 40 year old dad and my 20 year old mum didn't bang I wouldn't be here sooo I gotta support it I guess. lol

@thelittleem you should word that differently

Sounds like a new raunchy comedy movie: The ***** Next Door.

Or a book "The Snorlax and the Whorelax" by Doctor Suess

sounds more like she's trying to copy the show Reba

See, that's how you get your foot on the property ladder.

While it sound too (geographically) close for comfort - If there are children involved between the ex’s it might actually make sense. Though moving in next door to the ex is not anything I would ever do. Regarding the age difference - I think people are a little too quick to negatively judge the age of ex’s girlfriend. She is an adult, and if it works for the two of them then that’s all that matters. The previous infidelity of ex however is not so nice....

Maybe you should look at it as an educational experience. You have a front row seat to see what she does right that you did wrong. Marriages rarely fail where one spouse is totally blameless.

Even if the OP shared part of the blame, the marriage failed when her husband cheated and there's nothing she could have done to prevent that.

I agree that it's harsh, but tell me it's not true.

WeirdUS 29

Ttruth by nature tends to be a bit harsh, but Rich is right. Best part is he wasn't being a dick about it. Biggest reasons why couples fail are usually tied to sex and money. That being said though, I've never really seen a couple with that much of an age difference where the woman didn't have some kind of "daddy issues" or the guy wasn't a bit creepy. I'm 35 I can't see dating someone in their early to mid 20's. Generally Attitudes about life are so different it doesn't work.

I am so interested in the details, particularly about the ***** in question. Really curious to know what kind of 20 yr girl falls for a 50yr old man?

I feel that I'm a better deal now as an older man than I was when I was younger. When I speak to younger women, I don't treat them like children, nor do I expect them to treat me as an authority figure. I feel at my age, I know what I am and am not, and when I was younger, I was spending a lot of time and effort trying to strive for my aspirations. This probably made me less attentive and sensitive to my partners than I should have been. I was surprised to find that some younger women like me, but it seems to make sense.

I agree with your logic, but who knows if that's the reason here too..

Kimberley Michelle Whitley 16

May you watch their relationship burn from the comfort of your own home

As the saying goes, living well is the best revenge. Ignore the fact that your cheating ex and his new sweetie are buying a house next to you and do what you can to enjoy your life. Chances are it's just a matter of time before he starts cheating on his new sweet young thing.