By et510 - 20/07/2009 04:24 - United States

Today, after work, I parked in the parking lot I go to every day to let heavy traffic go by. As I was about to leave, two cops suddenly yanked me out of the car and arrested me for "stocking," as they spelled it on the report. Some paranoid girl thought I was parking there every day to watch her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 656
You deserved it 3 750

et510 tells us more.

It was a parking lot for a grocery store. My car is a beige '82 300D Mercedes. I don't think it looks that suspicious. I've never been in a car accident in my whole entire life, then when I moved to Georgia, I was in 3 within my first year living here. I didn't cause any of them. If that happened to you, you'd understand why I park in a parking lot to let the traffic go by. I know it sounds shady, but after I explained this to you, does it still sound shady? Apparently the cops think so.

Top comments

First, that chick is a psycho, second, why are american cops so aggressive?! I read so often on here that they arrest people when they did like, nothing (bad). WTH?

heyyou1203 0

i'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that having a regular parking space warrants an arrest, or the fact that the cops spelled stalking "stocking." regardless, they're obviously idiots and i don't exactly feel safe knowing they're the ones protecting me.

Comments

amaneylandx3 0

I'm pretty sure the term is "stocking", you starving pig.

Bloeduwedd 0

No, what they arrested him for is "stalking". "Stocking" is completely different. You're a moron, just like the pigs who arrested the OP.

that sucks!!.. they really have no proof that u were stalking.. what asssss holes! good to let traffic go by:)

Wow, are people that paranoid these days? Hopefully its just her.

Perhaps OP's accuser has had real stalkers in the past? No lie, it sucks for OP, but what kind of cops would they be if someone genuinely thought they were being followed by a STALKER and the cops didn't do anything about it? People are all "wtf crazy bitch" but stalkers are ******* dangerous. What would you have done in the woman's situation, if you really and truly thought you had a stalker?

tpag3r 0

i would agree with you, but he was just parking in a parking lot, not following her home .. i could understand maybe if he took the same route home as her but just having a parking space isnt grounds for an arrest

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

what if your life was ruined because of a false accusation by a paranoid girl? i've seen this happen way too many times. girls getting in trouble for staying out too late and then crying "rape" so they don't get in trouble, girls later deciding that consensual sex was not consensual and deciding to press charges, etc. its not fair to get innocent people in trouble and ruin lives because of your self delusions and paranoia if I thought I had a stalker and it was a guy sitting in a parking lot paying no attention to me, I wouldn't go "OMG TEH STALKKER EVERY1 WANTS 2 STALK ME" and have him arrested. I'm not an attention seeking high schooler.

elara15 0

What a cynical piece of shit you are, #55. I hope you're never raped.

I'm sick of hearing this "MEN CAN BE VICTIMS TOO, Y'KNOW" crap. For every guy wrongly accused of rape, there's 50 women who REALLY get raped and for 47 of them, their rapists don't even serve jail time. Perspective = win.

83% of statistics are made up on the spot. Did you ever consider that maybe the reason you keep hearing it is because people aren't listening? True equality means actually treating people as EQUALS, which means admitting that anybody, male or female, can be a victim. Perspective = win

Cops often aren't smarter than the people they're arresting.

Wow, that sucks. I guess sitting in a parking space never getting out at the same time every day might look suspicious, but that is one psycho bitch.

definetly looks very suspicious! Depending on what type of work you do I am pretty sure I would rather sit in my office or any air conditioned building, grab a snack or something better than go to another parking lot and park my car until traffic dies down..

It was a parking lot for a grocery store. My car is a beige '82 300D Mercedes. I don't think it looks that suspicious. I've never been in a car accident in my whole entire life, then when I moved to Georgia, I was in 3 within my first year living here. I didn't cause any of them. If that happened to you, you'd understand why I park in a parking lot to let the traffic go by. I know it sounds shady, but after I explained this to you, does it still sound shady? Apparently the cops think so.

Helldemon 32

Still doesn't give those cops the right to assault him and break the law.

DuhthatsObvious 0

I think they meant to say "Stalking"

L0veh8te 0

What a bitch, Women I tell ya. Always thinking they are the center of attention.

Hahaha "stocking" I feel like police officers always get things wrong on their reports. When my mom got a speeding ticket it said she was a 6'4" man, with entirely wrong hair and eye color.

Um, so let me get this straight: you sit in your car every day at the same time and place to avoid traffic? Well isn't traffic basically sitting in your car at the same time and place every day? Makes me wonder exactly why you were there. Maybe this is fyl you got caught :P

Yeah, but in traffic you have to pay attention so that you can move 5 ft forward before the Hummer behind you decides to just run you over for being slow, so you can't relax, nap, do something else, read, or whatever you want to pass the time...also, in traffic your engine is running so you're wasting fuel. In a parking lot you can turn the car off. Wow, I'm now that annoying person who makes a literal response to a joke. Sorry, I just agree with waiting for traffic.

When the traffic gets heavy in Georgia, it gets dangerous. People are horrible drivers here. I don't want to get in another car accident and have my insurance raised yet again because some guy thought it would be fun to tail gate.

too bad you cant spot bad drivers on the streets as well as you can on this FML.