By Mexican - 19/06/2016 03:06 - United States - Chicago

Today, after two weeks of trying to convince my parents to go to my high school graduation. They finally gave in. After they handed me my diploma, they decided to leave because it was "too boring." I'm currently sitting on the curb of the street waiting for my Uber, while people take pictures of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 467
You deserved it 1 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wowbuddy 19

Those are some shitty parents OP, FYL

Parents like them don't deserve a child like you. Sorry to hear that OP.

Comments

that's horrible...I'm sorry ur parents are like that...they don't deserve u as their kid

Hey OP, those are terrible parents. Be glad you're out of their grasp, and be better than them when you have children. The greatest part is that you can actually tell them to go f* themselves and that you never want to see them. So what if they're your parents, you deserve better. Take control of your life, cut them loose

I don't remember anything indicating the OP was moving out. If they're able to move out shortly after graduating high school, they're pretty damn lucky.

congrats that you graduated, now you see and feel even more that you didn't do it for their approbation, you learn and graduate stuff for yourself and for your career and since they don't give you support, you don't have to feel bad about not supporting them later on :) look at it on the positive side OP!

Crappy parents, but congratulations on the graduating! You can get away from them soon!

Yep... I could see that happening to me too. Congrats though

On your final day living with them, I'd find the worst youtube video of the worst nursing home in existence, send it to them with the message "I've reserved a spot for both of you. Can't wait!"

LAURA_EL_JUICE 6

Do what I did, moved far and dont deal with them.

If I wasn't in UK, I would have come to support you - that is so mean. You have achieved a fantastic milestone and it should be celebrated accordingly! It is a privilege to be able to share that with someone. Don't let their childish behaviour detract from how far you have come and where you have yet to strive!

Thank you so so much. yall really cheered me up.

I don't know Ur family or Ur family dynamic but I'd say that's a pretty unsupportive and toxic family. I'm sorry to hear they didn't stay. Congratulations on graduating, you should be very proud :)

I'm so sorry this happened to you OP. Try not to let it get you down and ruin your outlook. Congrats on graduating!