By Mexican - 19/06/2016 03:06 - United States - Chicago

Today, after two weeks of trying to convince my parents to go to my high school graduation. They finally gave in. After they handed me my diploma, they decided to leave because it was "too boring." I'm currently sitting on the curb of the street waiting for my Uber, while people take pictures of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 467
You deserved it 1 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wowbuddy 19

Those are some shitty parents OP, FYL

Parents like them don't deserve a child like you. Sorry to hear that OP.

Comments

hmmmm , s**t that's bad , first your parents then taking f**king Uber , f**k u re not lucky at all ...

You should never be treated like that. I hope you go to college and become successful however you see fit and leave your parents and give them time to evaluate their relationship with you. Good luck

Fyl man, congrats on graduating though

Again with Illinois getting the worst FML's cmon

question: did your parents graduate? Not to be rude, but I see that your description is Mexican girl. DO they speak English? They have felt very awkward if they do not speak the language and may have felt many emotions like shame and embarrassment. Did you go to a culturally mixed school where they would see others like them or did you go to a private school? Maybe they didn't want to embarass you. If they did not attend HS or had to quit early to work (or be your parents) they may have resentful feelings as well. Not trying to denigrate you or give your rents an excuse. I just remember seeing several different reactions when I graduated from a large multicultural high school. Some kids were from ethnic groups that have little use for education, particularly for girls. Some parents were crying with joy that their kids were doing better than they did (first to graduate and all that) Some were obviously very uncomfortable and ashamed of themselves. Read the comments see #7,14 and 22 especially. Her father may have been trying to leave because he was ashamed of himself. Also, what's your relationship with your parents. If its really bad.... Anyway congrats, even if everything I said was true, they still should have swallowed their pride and showed up. Also, being the kind of person I am, I would demand to know why. advice: don't burn your bridges and get kicked out till you have college or a job all set up.

This makes me so sad, congrats on graduating though

quazimozart 19
hilamonster06 21

Congratulations. Well next time either of them has a birthday party tell them you wont be going because it will be too boring. See how they like the shoe on the other foot.

Graduations are boring tbh. That's why I didn't go to mine.

You didn't miss much, only one of the first and most important milestones of your life.