By Mexican - 19/06/2016 03:06 - United States - Chicago

Today, after two weeks of trying to convince my parents to go to my high school graduation. They finally gave in. After they handed me my diploma, they decided to leave because it was "too boring." I'm currently sitting on the curb of the street waiting for my Uber, while people take pictures of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 467
You deserved it 1 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wowbuddy 19

Those are some shitty parents OP, FYL

Parents like them don't deserve a child like you. Sorry to hear that OP.

Comments

PANDORUM89 21

I am curious as to their reasoning for not wanting to go to begin with. There is no excuse to miss your child's graduation, unless it's from like kindergarten. Maybe if they cant miss any work or the bills wont get paid but I highly doubt it.

Mortoli 30

sorry to hear. parents like that are a waste of space. congratulations on graduating though.

glossykarma 19

my mom went but didn't stick around for pictures and I was all alone taking pictures with my best friend and her family so I didn't get left out

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

Meanwhile I had to be forced to go to my graduation cuz I didnt wanna sit thru the ceremony

I graduated from college with my welding diploma 3 weeks before my high school graduation. My dad said I was lying about my welding classes and my mom that never helped with anything tried taking all the credit as to why I was successful. I just try to model myself the opposite of what they do and I have turned out decent on the outside.

That is terrible I hope you do really good in life. I'm proud of you OP... I know what it's like to have unsupportive parents and still wanna do good.

dietcoke09 25

This happened at my college graduation. I was lucky enough to have my own car to drive home in. I'm sorry that happened. Best of luck of you to in the future!

Why is finishing high school an achievement. I didn't go to my high school graduation and my parents said even if I did they wouldn't have. And they didn't come to my Uni graduation because it was "only a bachelors degree"

SilverInGray 25

So your parents are shitty, that doesn't make graduation not an accomplishment.

I agree that it's not some extraordinary achievement to graduate high school, but it is a big milestone that parents should be excited to celebrate with their children.