By DesperateToBeDad - 31/12/2015 11:57 - United Kingdom - Gravenhurst

Today, after trying unsuccessfully for three or so years to have a baby with my wife, my broodiness has gotten so bad that when I saw a couple with their daughter at the bus stop, I briefly had a daydream where I shot them in the head and took their daughter home to raise as my own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 024
You deserved it 4 965

DesperateToBeDad tells us more.

OP here. Wow, wasn't expecting so many comments! I feel I should probably clarify a few things here: First of all, I have a very vivid imagination and tend to have involuntary daydreams where various scenarios to a situation play out. This was one such case, and doesn't mean I'm violent or am actually contemplating shooting people or anything like that, my mind just rollercoasters through various things happening and I'm just sort of along for the ride. I found this one amusing enough to post on FML. My wife and I are currently looking into fertility tests to find out exactly what the problem is, and will of course consider adoption/fostering if it turns out that natural conception isn't on the cards. Don't worry, I'm not going to abduct anyone's kids or go on a murder spree. :P

Top comments

Maybe see a therapist op? Also, there's fertility clinics and treatments you can get to enhance your chances of having a kid. Best of luck!

Maybe think about trying adoption if at all possible. I wish you the best of luck OP with whatever you choose to do.

Comments

you could adopt rather than breed. do you know how many children there are in the foster care system? I support the vehement movement. I know you want to be a dad, but really think about it before you decide to procreate. please list reasons other than I want. I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings but maybe there's a reason why you can't breed? if you're having those kinds of thoughts maybe it's better not to have any. if you're really adamant on having a kid. don't have more than one. I wish you the best of luck on whatever you decide.

You honestly have no clue what it feels like to have fertility issues and be told what you just said. There's nothing worse that you can say to a person trying for a baby than "maybe you aren't meant to have one" please shut the **** up

no, if nature intended you to have a child it wouldn't be so difficult. everyone doesn't need to have kids. the world can't sustain all these people. it's killing the earth. without the earth, nobody survives. and what I meant by that is the fact they're thinking of murdering people and taking their child sounds like they may have some mental issues which could be passed.down. I can't make the world not have children, but I can at least make them think harder about the decision to have kids. why do they even need a kid anyway? they don't. it's a want. not everyone gets what they want in life. you'll just have to accept you can't have it and move on.

Gosh you sound like you'd be fun at parties....

I'm concerned about the future. is that so bad?

Dude if you like the idea of adoption so much then adopt! Some people don't want to or can't. And as for "maybe you aren't meant to biological kids" is a really ****** up thing to say to anyone. I will never understand why when someone complains about fertility issues suddenly everyone is berating said person about adopting. Why don't people do it at baby showers? Call that bitch selfish for having her own kid!

leogachi 15

@155 You don't sound like you're concerned about the future, you sound like you're trying to force your views on other people.

Just because someone had a day dream, brought on by stress of a situation, does not mean they are going to act on it, nor does it mean they have a mental illness. As someone who struggled with fertility issues for 7 years, I can positively surmise that you are a bitch who needs to keep your mouth shut when it comes to issues you know nothing about. If you're so concerned with the earth, maybe you should help to find a workable solution to our issues rather than blame people for wanting a family.

I'm on 2.5 years trying with my wife, I know the feeling

best of luck op. hopefully you don't go to jail

I had a miscarriage 5 years ago and now that I am married all I want is a baby, when friends announce they're pregnant I get so angry that i cry. I can't wait to start trying!!!

#28: adoption is very difficult in the U.S. My in laws tried adopting a little girl once. Went through everything and paid all the money, went through the classes, etc . They were deemed "unfit" because their power was shut off and turned back on the same day. It really wasn't fair to them or the little girl, who ended up passing away a month later.

I'm in the same boat, I understand what you are going through. Hang in there, one day things will turn around. Have you guys talked about adopting a newborn? There are more out there than you think without parents.

Newborns are really hard to get. They are in high demand

Newborns are indeed in high demand but I think (speaking from a position of total ignorance) that if you are willing to adopt a newborn from any ethnicity or with disabilities then your chances of getting a newborn are much higher so that might be something for op to consider in the future?

Jets4Life89 4

There are countless kids who need adopted, maybe instead of thinking of just preserving your bloodline you could change a kids life forever.