By freakingout - 02/09/2015 21:10 - United Kingdom - Coventry

Today, after the doctor poking around my urethra and vagina at a lump, she turns to me and says, "I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what that is. Have some antibiotics and we'll see how it goes in two weeks." Excuse me while I go panic in a corner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 959
You deserved it 1 617

freakingout tells us more.

OP here, wow didn't expect it to make it on here ? Well so far no change, she even asked me are you sure it's not part of you, like how often does anybody know themselves there. What? I know myself very well there and it's not normal. Got an appointment with the gyno for next week so should be all good :) thought it was suspicious I got an appointment within half hour of ringing...

Top comments

leogachi 15

Go see another doctor. While doctors can't know everything, it was still really stupid of her to tell you to just take antibiotics for a few weeks and "see how it goes".

Shartie 16

Do you often get a lump in there?

Comments

If you've never had to have a lump tested then you won't understand why the doctor wants to deal with the obvious possibilities first. Without testing there is no way for a doctor to know what a lump is made of so him saying he did not know what it was is a good thing. Your doctor made the right choice. I would far rather have an honest doctor that admits they are not sure who wants to rule out some of the more obvious things first, than some asshat who wants to start all kinds of invasive testing as the first step.

Someone close to me had problems and the public hospital said to bring him back in 3 weeks but he was very ill so we went with private care and they said he wouldn't have lasted two weeks. If you know something is wrong, demand something be done or if you can afford it, go private. I hope everything is ok with you OP

sailorarctic 22

i would make one appointment with a urologist and one with a gynecologist. they both specialize in different parts of down there.

still_guns 16

Are you sure it's not your ********? I'm serious, if neither of you know what the ******** is...

tigerzroze 16

I am fairly certain that both the doctor and the OP at least have a basic understanding of the female body. . . .

I think you should find a different doctor!

"Let's just give you meds and see what happens." What could possibly go wrong, OP? Your doctor sounds fine, it's not like you should run for the hills and get a new one or anything!

cyst, prolly. birth control sometimes causes this.

she has found your gspot!... all jokes aside, second opinion never hurt anyone.