By freakingout - 02/09/2015 21:10 - United Kingdom - Coventry

Today, after the doctor poking around my urethra and vagina at a lump, she turns to me and says, "I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what that is. Have some antibiotics and we'll see how it goes in two weeks." Excuse me while I go panic in a corner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 959
You deserved it 1 617

freakingout tells us more.

OP here, wow didn't expect it to make it on here ? Well so far no change, she even asked me are you sure it's not part of you, like how often does anybody know themselves there. What? I know myself very well there and it's not normal. Got an appointment with the gyno for next week so should be all good :) thought it was suspicious I got an appointment within half hour of ringing...

Top comments

leogachi 15

Go see another doctor. While doctors can't know everything, it was still really stupid of her to tell you to just take antibiotics for a few weeks and "see how it goes".

Shartie 16

Do you often get a lump in there?

Comments

They're usually pretty easy to diagnose, and antibiotics would probably clear it up if thats the case!

ViviMage 38
tantanpanda 26

Cancer takes years to develop from it's initial tumor/polyp stage. A week or two on antibiotics won't make OP's condition worse.

If I was you, I'd go and see another doctor. If anything they might know what your lump is. A second opinion on these kind of things never hurt.

Medical professional here. First, take a deep breath. Second, go ahead and start the antibiotics, but go get a second opinion ASAP. If it's an infection, the antibiotics will help; the second opinion will hopefully give you an answer. Good luck!

Well that will do absolutely nothing. Go to another doctor immediately and get a second opinion. I'm sure it's nothing though OP. It could be just a cyst, apparently it's not uncommon for women to get those down there. Good luck OP!

It's just hilarious to read all those comments about getting second opinion. There is no first one, people. This doctor of hers has NO idea about what's going on down there. OP, go see a normal gynecologist, who knows, what an ultrasound is.

If the lump is on the outside of OP's body (where the urethral area is) what exactly is the doctor going to ultrasound?

I have to say that there are often doctors that diagnose something so they don't look stupid or freak the patient out. Good luck though!