By Anonymous - 14/12/2009 05:15 - Canada

Today, after taking my clothes out of the washer, I noticed at the very bottom of the washer my boyfriend's USB stick I found a couple of days ago. The USB stick contains his English essay, and his novel he has been working on for almost six months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 246
You deserved it 32 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can just dry it off in the sun... don't use it for about a week so that it dries thoroughly, then it should work just fine. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, it should still work once it dries out (flash memory=no moving parts). Should be a lesson to your boyfriend, too—clean out your own damn pockets!

Comments

I've put USB sticks through the wash a few times on accident. It still worked. I bet it is still fine. Just make sure it drys out all the way before using it.

well he should have thoese documents on his computer then too? so there's no FML here, except the fact the USB is broken and you'll have to buy another one.

Oh well, that's his problem for not backing it up...

Since you *thought* that washing it would ruin it, YDI for not checking your pockets before washing. I thoroughly search every pocket before an article of clothing goes into the washer.

quaggledoo 0

You mean he doesn't have a backup?

Don't worry - let it dry out really well, and it should work just fine. I misplaced mine, and it turned up in the garden, which is watered regularly, plus it'd been raining... And it turned out to work just fine once dry. It was a really cheap one, and it works - you should be fine. However, he deserves to lose his work if that was the only copy...

in my personal experience flash drives still work after going through the washer if you let them dry : / so convenient lol

Durrr....wouldn't it be on his computer, where he's writing it?