By Anonymous - 15/10/2013 17:08 - United States - San Francisco

Today, after months of exercise and diets and finally reaching my ideal weight, I told my morbidly obese cousin about my success, hoping to motivate him to do the same. He replied, "Why would it matter, you're still ugly." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 372
You deserved it 5 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's just jealous. Don let it get to you. Good job on your success!

CommentModerated 17

Comments

He's just jealous, don't mind his snarky remarks. Do what makes ya feel good :)

At least you lost the weight! He's probably just jealous that you look good and he doesn't, so he attempts to make himself feel better by hurting you. Good job, OP!

maybe instead of helping him he got the wrong idea and felt attacked. as Long as you feel good dont let it bother you. congrats!

The_Big_Boss 20

U-G-L-Y! You ain't got no alibi! You ugly! Yeah! Yeah! You ugly! ... Of course, that is directed at OP's cousin's attitude, not OP's face.

I think whether or not your deserved that depends on how you approached your cousin. Personally, having been overweight at one point in my life, it drove me insane when people would come up and "inspire" me to change my life. There is a difference between "I am worried about your health" and "you need to do what I did and lose the weight." I understand you wanted to help your cousin, but most of the time bigger people know they need to change their diet. They don't need people to inspire them to make the change.

Well said. The fact that the OP used the word "hoping" makes me think that too much was left un-said.

When I was overweight, I met two kinds of people. The "shame on you" people and the "helpful but annoying" people. The Shame On You People would tell me, "shame on you for being fat and not doing anything about it." These people would have known me five minutes before they would just launch into their soapbox speel about how their lives were so much better and I was a bad example/person/creature for being 56 pounds overweight. Mind you, I had a medical condition at the time that I needed to take a cocktail of medication that made me gain weight because I was lethargic, hungry all the time, sick in bed, or in the hospital. So when I could get out to walk, I would go about half a block before having to sit down. It made it worse when people mocked me for it. The other, helpful people, were almost as bad because they didn't get the hint. I would tell them to stop and they would feel, because they were "helping" that we needed to talk about it all the time. None of this helped, in the least.

I feel when it comes to one's body, it should be left to that person solely.. Now if something internally needed a change other's input should be taken, an example, an overweight person shouldn't be criticised by their weight, but someone with a rude demeanour should be talked to about their behavior, not told out right to change. Acts like that never help, and frankly, piss a lot of people off. It is up to a person whether he/she wants to change, and when.

I'm so sorry that happened to you :(

Great cousin jk good job at completing your goals and not giving up

OP your welcome, I said yes to this in the moderation section.

olpally 32

And he's still a fat piece of shit. Ignore him. If you can't motivate him, no one will. Good for you op and good job.

Good for you to lose the weight anyway!