By marriedbutlonely - 15/02/2016 02:36 - United States - Federal Way

Today, after having my husband ask if I 'had any plans' for the weekend, and him mentioning that he got me something special, he played his PS4 for hours, ignored me, then finally took a break to hand me a tiny box of chocolates. I can't even be mad because he looked so proud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 997
You deserved it 3 141

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lalaaa520 9

At least he was romantic for a couple minutes not like some of us forever alone!

Yes treat him like a 13 year old, Jesus. How about talking through it and acting like an adult.

Comments

If you want something special don't be afraid to be the one to put in the effort.

leogachi 15

@41 Op's husband made it sound like he already had plans for the two of them to spend time together, so why would she make other plans?

OP is married, and her husband gave her a valentine's gift as if they were dating for a week. That's just sad.

aeryn97 17

I've been married 6 yrs and we did nothing. only bought for our daughter lol

leogachi 15

@43 The problem wasn't the present, the problem was that he spent all day ignoring her after making it sound like he had plans for the two of them to do it something special.

I get the feeling that this is not about the fact that it was Valentines Day, and they didn't do anything; as much as an example of how OP is being ignored by her significant other.

You chose that relationship. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Pretty sure the husband was the one playing a game.

Takes two to make a working relationship. If you settle for a husband that gives minimum effort, then you get a husband that gives minimum effort.

Tell him how you feel when he ignores you to play games. I play video games too and he just sounds like a manchild.

It's double xp in call of duty. What do you expect

Kill him. Bury him in the back yard

Tell him you feel lonely in your marriage and something has to change. This can later lead to a divorce unless you do something now.

Well, it was double xp weekend on Black Ops 3