By yoshithecat - 19/07/2013 12:31 - United Kingdom - Slough

Today, after being unemployed for almost two years, I was turned down for yet another job. The reason this time? I live too far from the job. I can see the building from my bedroom window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 523
You deserved it 4 610

yoshithecat tells us more.

I don't live on a hill, the building where I would've been working is a bit tall as well which works into me being able to see it from my window. The building is all of a mile from my flat. No, lol it isn't the Shard! I did express this to them and their response then was telling me they found someone more suited for the position. I have no clue why they didn't bother saying that in the first place though. A funny thought though, I put my postcode on my CV, so if they actually thought a little into the lie they fed me, maybe they'd have just stuck with the truth in the first place. Thanks for all the positive feedback, sorry I wasn't more clear in the original post - expressing I was a mile away from the building. Hopefully I'll get a job soon! *crosses fingers*

Top comments

mimiminx 23

Could you not say this to them?

OscarDV 8

Well, I can see the moon from my window. I don't think that qualifies me to be an astronaut.

Comments

Good luck with the job hunt! The last rejection excuse I got "not enough experience working in a team", All my previous jobs required team work, and I come from a large family. I think they just grasp a straws for excuses.

You live in Slough, that's the problem.

I live in an area where there is almost NO job opportunities for the young and inexperienced. 42 year olds are working at McDonalds and most companies lately will only use age discrimination if you are over 50, due to the benefits they have to do and ect. So what I did was move down to my father's place for the summer and got a job working at subway, with the tourist industry in cape cod jobs are booming here. Sometimes you have to change your location to get a job, especially a first job.

I was wondering if you could have asked them if they had a partially empty mop closet you could move into?

do you use a telescope to see the building?

That just sound stupid, you're so close.