By douchegamer - 03/03/2013 03:38 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, after an argument with my pianist girlfriend about how bad my favourite song would sound on the piano, she stormed out of the room crying, leaving behind a CD. It was the piano version of the song she'd made for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 143
You deserved it 78 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You'd be surprised what sounds good on piano, OP. Hell, I've even heard piano versions of Whip My Hair by Willow Smith that sound good!

Comments

Apologise. Thats the best way to make her feel better.

TrilliousDivine 9
Mister_Triangle 21

I Like Big Butts (Skrillex ReMix)

Jenna Rose - My Jeans Actually on second thoughts anything is better than that song regardless of the style it's played in.

SApprentice 34

... Why would you even feel the need to start an argument over that, knowing that she loves playing the piano? I could understand debating your opinion with her, especially if you had actually heard it played on a piano before, but to actually cause a bad argument over something that you've never even heard before seems ridiculous to me. It's... It's not even worth having an argument over. She loves the music that her instrument of choice can create, so even if you thought that maybe it wouldn't sound that good, couldn't you have just left it a little open to consideration? "I don't know, babe, I don't think it would sound that good, but maybe we can look it up and see if there are any videos of it? Then I could decide."

I'd guess she brought it up, since she made it and all. So I don't think you can blame OP for that, but I do believe he could've seen this coming and you can never judge before actually hearing it, so he was definitely wrong there...

JOcoco 14

45 - He may have thought it but brushed it off as something that wasn't going to happen. Either way I think your using to much hindsight bias say he could've seen it coming. Hindsights an ass and the way OP worded it sounds like he didn't expect it at all and he feels bad about it.

His girlfriend plays the piano and likes it. They were discussing a piano cover of his favorite song. How can you not see this coming?

Ok, everyone saying you deserve it, that's a bit ridiculous. That's like saying, "Man, I hate cookies." But then your girlfriend running out of the room because she baked you cookies. How the **** was she supposed to know you hated cookies?

tashag93 17

I think it's be more like if the girlfriend was a baker and OP had told her he loved peanut butter, so she made him peanut butter cookies. And then OP argued with her that peanut butter would be awful in cookies... And she ran crying from the room after showing him the cookies she made for him.

I'm not sure how to take this. I can see why some people can be presumptuous of something they have never done or heard but, I've always been that person that says don't knock it until you've tried it. Lets just say I work at an ice cream parlor somewhere. We had a crazy idea to mix a particular local brand of barbecue chips in with the ice cream. I thought it would have been terrible! Turns out it was great! Just don't let it sit too long or it gets soggy. Just goes to show that trying new things isn't always bad...ever since that day I try everything, within reasonable safe limits, at least once. No questions asked.

If she didn't tell him she made the recording for him, it seems a little over sensitive to run out of the room crying. If the same situation happened with me and my husband, I would ask him to check it out before coming to a conclusion. I know it's hard to know the whole situation from what they give us, but it sounds like instead of saying she did this for him or even saying would you like me to try, she started a convo about how it would sound. Op has the right to an opinion in a conversation without all of the hysterics.

You Baroque her heart. If you Wagner Bach, you better stop thinking with your Magic Flute. You Canon in D(eed) win her Symphony by Conducting yourself as a maestro, or you'll end up a Soloist.

Mozart-ists are good at listening, but OP didn't.

BunchieRules 31

Agreed. OP, instead of Haydn on her music, give it some time. If you listen to it, you may find that it's not an accidental disappointment. Communication is key. Talk to her about how it is a major accomplishment for her, and soon it will all be but a minor memory. Anyone up for a string of puns?

Don't let these puns diminish. Note how puns are dominant on posts these days. We need to stay sharp and master this Fürst.

You, Sir, have picked a suitable nickname.

And now you will listen to the song and (perhaps even truthfully) tell her that her piano version of the song suprised you when it turned out to actually be quite good.

Vanessa_Leeann26 17

Well?? What song was it? Don't leave us hanging.

Easy just tell her that you wouldn't have thought it would sound good, but that she made it sound great. Don't sweat yourself over it. Could happen to anyone.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You so need to apologize! You totally punched her in the heart.