Throw in the towel

By Anonymous - 26/08/2021 14:01

Today, my plan to punish my husband by leaving him for a week completely failed. When I got home from the hotel, he had his buddies over happily watching football, but his face fell when I walked in, like I’d ruined his day by coming home. I don’t think my marriage can be saved at this point. FML
I agree, your life sucks 483
You deserved it 1 457

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The fact that you chose to "punish" your hubby like he's just a naughty teenager already tells me that the marriage is over. Marriages are supposed to be built on mutual trust, love, and RESPECT.

Why would you think that was a good idea in the first place? With such poor communication and relationship skills I'm not surprised your marriage is on the rocks.

Comments

Why would you think that was a good idea in the first place? With such poor communication and relationship skills I'm not surprised your marriage is on the rocks.

The fact that you chose to "punish" your hubby like he's just a naughty teenager already tells me that the marriage is over. Marriages are supposed to be built on mutual trust, love, and RESPECT.

You probably screwed up a hot date by coming home. A guy whose wife leaves him often receives many sympathy *****. If you really want to punish him, watch football with him and make snide comments about how idiotic the game is.

Very immature on your part. Whether he deserved "punishment..." or not, sincere couples typically don't abandon each other like immature conceited fools. Communication is key to preserving and progressing as a team. Not going AWOL.

Okay, I gotta ask. What do you feel he did that made you insistent on punishing him in the first place? Unless you just did this to prove some kind of point? Either way, it's an incredibly immature move on your part.

I don't know either of you well enough to make an informed vote but you two need to actually talk with each other about what each of you want out of this marriage, then work together on a solution that leaves both of you happy or at least better off. Couples therapy wouldn't hurt, either.

bobsanction 18

You probably did ruin his day coming home, he was clearly happier without you.

Michael Wood_279567485 8

You tried to use an abusive manipulation tactic and got surprised when it backfired ... if you're the kind of person who naturally thinks that way, he probably appreciated having a few days of not being micromanaged. If you want to save your marriage, you need to talk like adults, and maybe get a relationship councillor involved.

slhiggx 17

Couples counseling could help save your marriage if you both want it.

Depends whether you both want to work on it or not.