The workplace from hell

By Gottabekidding - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Ashland

Today, my workplace instituted a policy in which employees must stop and write down what they are doing every fifteen minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 413
You deserved it 928

Top comments

sohigh10 34

log entry 5123: writing down log entry log entry 5124: writing down log entry log entry 5125: writing down log entry...

Clearly this increases productivity. Oh wait...

Comments

Where I work they've started a policy where if you have to go to the bathroom you have to go talk to the manager and explain why you need to go.

"Sir, uh, I have to take a shit" "Permission not granted get back to work"

Talking to the manager: Stupid, but okay. Telling the manager _why_ you have to go: Wtf?

Helldemon 32

Wouldn't really say talking to the manager is stupid but I guess it would depend on the type of job.

Lawsuit coming in 3...2...1 Prohibiting employees from using the bathroom outside of scheduled break times can create unhealthy work conditions-per OSHA You don't have to explain jack shit just say you need to use the restroom. If they deny you, sue and reap the benefits.

Film yourself all day, then write down your log entries at night. If you don't remember what you did at a given time, watch the video.

Why should they have to do the log entries in their own time?

Either this is a way to keep employees at least loving productive or just stupidity. is it even legal??:

kyu_Q 19

I would love to see some of those entries

nuclearcat 4

And if they did too much, and 15 minutes timeframe is not enough, next 15 minutes they will have to write about previous 15 minutes they were writing about ..., they need even more time, and... Recursive loop. Crash.

Steve95401 49

This is common in jobs that are project based, or where there are grant funds involved. However, it usually just involves checking a box under a particular activity for a block of time rather than writing actual sentences. It really does depend on OP's job is as to whether this is necessary or not.

It's like nursing. Feels like nothing but continuous paper work sometimes. Have to document when they sneezed and how many tissues they used. On busy shifts could be held up for 2 hours after your shift ended doing the paper work. Hopefully it has gotten better, one place I worked at we had to write the exact same info in 13 different places after a birth. Couldn't just have one comprehensive print out. Often the paper work was longer than the labour. I know it's important, but patient care and non stressed staff are important as well.

you should write that you're writing an entry instead of getting on with your work

DeadxManxWalking 27

12:00- Eating lunch 12:15- Pooping 12:30- Still pooping