Team building

By Incompetent - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Pakistan - Lahore

Today, my boss admitted that he seriously regrets hiring me, but can't really do anything about it because that would make the senior management question his judgment, making him look bad. So he's just 'putting up' with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 204
You deserved it 1 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

airdude25 18

Work harder then you ever have before and show him you are a valuable asset to the company!

danceinconverse 25

Try to record him saying that, and whatever you do, don't give him any reason to fire you. That way if he tries, you have proof he doesn't have a legitimate reason.

Comments

scottishoatmeal 22

That is unbelievably unprofessional

Alright, so this is what you do. He wants you gone, working with a boss like that can't be good on your mental health. So, you set up a deal with him. You start applying to other jobs, maybe ones you're more interested in, while you continue to work at your current one. Your boss agrees to be a main, high standing reference and shower praise about your work ethic and skills. This way, you're more likely to be hired quickly by another company and then you can "voluntarily" leave your current job, and make it look like it was on you, and not him, as he fears. Win win for both of you.

Time to start job hunting. Best to be prepared for what seems to be the inevitable.

Well don't pout about it, ask him what you can do to be a better employee

My condolences, brother. May you find a job with a better boss.

BS OP. Complete BS. The management aren't idiots when they hire a new guy. Heck its a procedure on its own to get the right guy. If you made it in, then your boss is just messing with you

saffy66 34

Wow. Way to instill confidence and enthusiasm in your workforce. Senior management probably regret hiring him, too.

middlenamefrank 8

Put your nose to the grindstone, do your homework, learn how to do the job. Quit whining and take the opportunity to make your boss proud of hiring you.