So romantic

By Anonymous - 12/07/2013 16:53 - United States

Today, my girlfriend decided to let me know that she almost left me for another guy not so long ago, because he was more handsome and talented than me. The reason she didn't leave, "He's out of my league; you're not." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 190
You deserved it 4 388

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what she really means is that he turn her down.

Comments

cottoncandymango 17

OP, I think you meant to write "ex-girlfriend".

OP is better off without her. I guarantee you 10 years from now she will have gained 75 pounds...It happened to the only girl who dumped me in high school...

I think you mean the other way around #21

marzipanimal 15

Sorry OP, I'm sure you're great :)

Just be positive! She didn't leave you!

There is no silver lining here unless OP decides to leave her instead.

If that's her attitude, her not leaving definitely falls under "negative".

RedPillSucks 31

It's hard to be positive when you find out your SO has basically settled for you though she'd rather be with someone else.

I think it's both unrealistic and egotistical to assume that you are the objectively best match for an SO. I think that almost everyone would rather have a person who started out better looking, more talented, or more understanding than who they have. Most of all, I think that "settling" is a normal and healthy part of human relationships. What makes the person that you settle for more valuable than anyone else in the world is not their objective strengths and weaknesses but the time and trust that you both put into the relationship. A new person won't know that you hate pistachios or that you love having your neck rubbed after a long day at work. What keeps people together in a time of doubt is a fear of loss. I obviously don't know much about the op and his girlfriend but I think that some people are afraid to admit how much they fear being alone and so they stay with who will have them even if they know that they could have a chance with someone "better". To me this seems to apply to both the op and his girlfriend.

dannnngthatsux 19

#89, you are right, the value is in the energy and time, of both of you. This girl is either trying to get a rise out of the guy or truly is a despicable person. Either way he should run to the nearest exit, not walk, and find someone else to share his heart and life with. If someone means so little to you that you would say this, you aren't worth the effort.

Tell her that you just promoted yourself to a higher league and ditch her bitchy ass.

And after that get a relationship with that other guy just to make her jealous.

AboveAll04 14

67, so OP has to turn gay ?.....nahh just get a gorgeous girl that appreciates him for who he is.

Op, you should say, "Babe, I just realized that I am above your league". Then leave proudly and find someone who won't question your love.

And that's when u said "that's the same reason I'm with you". Right?

JokersHQ 21

Wow I woulda kicked her to the curb right then and there

RedPillSucks 31

That's what "Kicked her to the curb" means in the current American vernacular.

well if thats her only reason then by now you should have left her to find someone else in 'her league'

\ 28

But then OP would have to face charges for lewd conduct, as ******** on someone is frowned upon in many jurisdictions.

NagainaFier 16

Dumped her, not dumped ON her. Sorry buddy. Go home, get some sleep, try again in the morning. You'll do better next time.