Rumbled

By nthor - 11/03/2009 18:05 - United States

Today, a man on the train asked me if I had any change. I quickly responded with, "No habla ingles." He then tapped me on the shoulder and said, "That would've been a lot more believable if you weren't reading that paper." FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 696
You deserved it 141 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wesayxsummer 0

it would also be more believable if you used correct grammar.

cady18 0

would've also been more believable if you spoke correct spanish.

Comments

You used "habla," the el/ella/usted (or he/she/you (formal)) form instead of "hablo" the yo (i) form.

61 - do you speak spanish? like at all? 'i' makes the short i of english speaking, and 'e' makes a sort of abbreviated 'a' sound... to everyone who's been asking why the incorrect grammar is such a huge deal: the way i see it, the OP could have at least respected the language he was using to be a douche. =)

Once, at a low point in my life, some guy approached me on the street in NY to ask for money. I turned on him furiously, but quietly, and raged that I didn't have any money, and I didn't know where my next meal was coming from. His response was actually quite reasonable. He said: "How was I to know that?"

DStro 0

You could have tried to convince him that you can read English but not speak it.

*no hablo ingles* that would have been more believable.

Kitty34_fml 0

I'm surprised the OP got so many YDIs. I sometimes pretend to only speak French on the bus when crazies talk to me. Usually, they move on to the next person. You probably should have hidden the paper, or maybe pretended you weren't reading it? If it was just a man asking for change, I would have said I didn't have any or given him whatever I had. But if he seemed dangerous, I would have pretended to not speak English.

It's: No HABLO ingles. You need to use correct spanish grammer. The conjugation needs to be in the "yo" form. Learn to speak spanish BEFORE you go around telling a lie.

Okay, so someone who doesn't speak spanish spelled something wrong, look at all the spanish people spelling/pronouncing english wrong and go bug them

Just say no next time! Don't try to be nice to a beggar.