Priorities

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Oklahoma City

Today, I started having chest pains and shortness of breath. I thought I was having a heart attack and I asked my husband to take me to the hospital. He told me to wait because he'd just ordered a pizza. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 164
You deserved it 3 336

Top comments

Because everyone knows pizza is more important than health!

Your husband needs a reality check . He can stuff his face after he takes his wife to get looked at . Hope your okay .

Comments

Because everyone knows pizza is more important than health!

That man needs to re-evaluate his priorities.

Yeah! Divorce the wife, marry the pizza!

Iwannarock1 19

I think hubby had his priorities in order. Pizza! Then comes the divorce papers from the recovering wife.

Wow please none of you guys ever get married..

Marcella1016 31

Because 5 basically repeated what 1 said. That's generally frowned upon here.

He checked them #5. They seem to be in order

Your husband needs a reality check . He can stuff his face after he takes his wife to get looked at . Hope your okay .

I would think she is since she never said anything actually happened to her.

K_kanaka 26

Remember everyone pizza first, significant other second.

Ahhhh men. They love their food. Apparently, sometimes more than their wives.

You're in the United States, he could have at least called an ambulance. the pizza would have gotten there first and then y'all could have had a fun ambulance ride together.

And were you having a heart attack? And if so, get well soon! :)

hockeygoalie13 15

Chances are that she wasn't having a heart attack. Chest pain and shortness of breath typically don't indicate a heart attack but rather a pulmonary embolism. 95% of patients I see in the ER who think they had a heart attack didn't actually have one.

juturnaamo 29

Of those 95%, how many had something that still needed addressing by a doctor?

xChaos 29

Out of the 95%, who had to wait thanks to pizza?

Marcella1016 31

Aren't pulmonary embolisms also life threatening?

Very, #35. My brother just recently passed away on his wedding day in Canada, 3 days after arriving there because of a pulmonary embolism.

hockeygoalie13 15

Pulmonary embolisms are serious but it also depends a lot on the age/health of the patient. When I first started working in the emergency department I was pretty shocked by how few people who went there actually needed emergency treatment. It really comes down to people not being informed of what the true symptoms of serious medical problems are and more importantly what risk factors apply to them.

lilchica22001 22

#35 they are very serious. I've had 3 different pulmonary embolisms myself. Multiple bilateral (a lot of clots in both lungs) in Dec 2012, another one in Dec 2013 and my last one was May 2014 :( I'm only 26 and these things have ruined my life. But I'm lucky to be alive. I now suffer from asthma, pulmonary hypertension, fibromyalgia and an enlarged pulmonary artery. Her husband should have immediately taken her to the hospital or called 911. She very well could have died in that spot.

tiggerdoc 14

Yes as a 20yr on the job medic less than 1/2 of the people that call for as ambulance need one...but everyone is treated the same from the drug seeker wanting a fix to the governor...respect all