Pissed

By Anonymous - 23/06/2021 04:01

Today, I discovered that my cat will not use a litter box if it has a lid. How did I discover this? The two weeks of crystallized cat pee coating the floor under my 19th century grand piano. FML
I agree, your life sucks 701
You deserved it 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

randybryant799 20

Holy crap. It took you 2 weeks to figure out the litter box wasn't being peed in? Don't you clean it every day??

Jeremy Strang 7

Not only did he fail to clean the litter box, he never once looked at the floor beneath his piano for an entire two weeks. Just how much floor do you have that you wouldn't notice frequent pools of liquid?

Comments

randybryant799 20

Holy crap. It took you 2 weeks to figure out the litter box wasn't being peed in? Don't you clean it every day??

Jeremy Strang 7

Not only did he fail to clean the litter box, he never once looked at the floor beneath his piano for an entire two weeks. Just how much floor do you have that you wouldn't notice frequent pools of liquid?

It’s a very large room and I don’t have a sense of smell. Also I have more than one cat and the litter box is self scooping.

somehow I can't feel sorry for you. how did you not notice when you checked the box to scoop? also is your house that big that you didn't even get close to that area? and how did you not even SMELL it?!?!?! sorry but you're a bad kitty momma.

Yummi_913 18

If you can see the actual crystals your cat needs a freaking vet. Their bladder is probably building larger stones and it's way cheaper catching it early than dealing with it once catto is blocked. $100-ish vs $1,000+. Blockages are fatal without intervention and excruciating. Your cat WILL hide the pain so don't tell yourself "well he's acting fine" because cats always "act fine" when they're not. If he doesn't go back to the litter box without the lid that's another sign there's something wrong with his health. But it's worth it to take him for his yearly and just get a urinalysis to play it safe.

You know cat pee normally crystallizes after it dries out right?