Party time!

By haileypaige123 - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went to my first party, hoping to maybe meet some people. I was there for 4 hours, and the person/thing that I interacted most with was a cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 033
You deserved it 7 149

Top comments

waveringatom 1

I already see your future as a lady with 40 cats in her house. I love animals do I see nothing wrong.

Comments

I generally like animals better, don't feel sad about it. I think it's a WIN!

monkiki62 5

Its not ur fault the people at that party were lame and the cat was the coolest bro there. ;)

I just know I'm gonna get ripped apart for this but I have the same problem... It's like I have a fear of starting a conversation face-to-face, feel like a freak if I do... Anyone got any ideas on how to tackle that?

You expect people to approach you when you're being standoffish and talking to a cat? Take some initiative!

The whole idea of parties really does not appeal to me. Also, people are overrated. I would much rather stay alone in my room than go out and meet them.

TheSofaKing 7

When you are about 60 years old, you will be single with about 50 cats.

WooxooW 0

This person is socially akward...

There's your problem. You went to meet people. You have to party to have fun. The meeting people thing is automatic because people want to know the fun person not the weird one in the corner petting the cat

…says the person whose current avi is Calvin, notoriously NOT into people, hugging Hobbes, a tiger (and the best cartoon tiger ever). ^^ (Just teasing!)

jalupe 4

my sympathies OP. I don't even go to parties around here since most of the people where I live are assholes and I don't want to bother with them.