Panic!

By dusty - 06/12/2018 15:30

Today, I picked my baby up from my babysitter's house. As I was getting him ready for bed, I saw blood and immediately went into a panic, rushing to the hospital and trying to contact her to see if my baby fell and she didn't tell me. Turns out it was just hot Cheeto dust mixed with drool. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 282
You deserved it 1 885

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You wouldn't try to earn up the area to see how bad the "cut" was before driving to the hospital? That reaction seems a little extreme. Now that you know, maybe talk to your babysitter about cleaning up your child before you pick them up? And not exposing them to spicy foods at such a young age...

Heeshka 7

This is the kind of panic that makes humans so dangerous

Comments

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Adrenaline was high, I would have done the same. Don't feel bad.

Yes Adrenaline was high, but that adrenaline needs to be hit with rationale. If I'm freaking out, I can't think clearly. I can't drive clearly to the hospital. I get hit with it when mine get hurt, especially when I was a new mom. But when you freak out, you can make wrong decisions ( not that I'm shaming OP for going to the hospital) but it was something she said she thought happened at the babysitters. I'd have called her first! New mom paranoia is the worst.

Leviathene 34

^^ Agree. Although OP did mention she tried calling the babysitter to see if the baby had fallen while there.

I mean, I'm a mother of two young ones, I get it. But to not see what it actually was or calling your babysitter in the first place? You're going to kill yourself if you don't take a step back and think rationally. I'd be more afraid my baby had flaming hot Cheetos. I mean, they're not spicy to us but <2yo? Yeesh!

Heeshka 7

This is the kind of panic that makes humans so dangerous

You wouldn't try to earn up the area to see how bad the "cut" was before driving to the hospital? That reaction seems a little extreme. Now that you know, maybe talk to your babysitter about cleaning up your child before you pick them up? And not exposing them to spicy foods at such a young age...

TxKitten79 10

It's okay. My autocorrect hates me too. lol

why is your first reaction not to clean up the blood? as a father, my kid is gonna hurt himself. it's how he learns. I'm not gonna rush to the hospital at the first sight of blood.

I would have thought the first reaction would be to try and stop the "bleeding"

its surprises me how stupid people can be.

childlessmother 16

So the baby sitter lets your kid put anything in it's mouth?? What else has you kid eaten there? Maybe that will explain your chils bowel habits??

Why was there hot cheetos on your baby in the first place

Next week, the babysitter feeds your kid beets and spils food coloring on the baby. Caregiver troll.