Panic attack

By Anonymous - 06/05/2009 00:22 - United States

Today, I went to donate blood for the first time. When they stuck the needle in my arm, I had a panic attack and begged that they take it out. The woman helping me told me she'd take it out in a moment and left. It was then that the Red Cross stole a pint of my blood while I had a panic attack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 721
You deserved it 18 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HAHAHA!! I'm a fan of any FML that says "the Red Cross stole a pint of my blood..." Good times.

proxay 0

i gave blood in novermber last year and i can faintly remember a clause in all that paperwork that said if at any time you change your mind about giving they will stop the procedure. it sucks that they did that to you. i hope it doesnt deter you from giving blood in the future. its for a good cause. and no. 6 you are a jerk : /

Comments

alexgisforme3 0

oh thats scary!!! im so sorry!!! it makes me sick when people say "YDI" for these things

I guess the nurses get pretty passe about ppl being scared of needles, but that was not very nice. I've donated blood lots of times and I hope that you will continue despite the bad experience.

haha as much as I am a proponent for giving blood every chance I get, this kind of blows.

I used to be a donor technician with another blood donation agency. She said she would be taking out the needle in a moment when you were done. 90% of donors, especially young, freak out at their first donation, and she more than likely knew it was your first. Also, there is someone out there who needs that blood, and badly. No one STOLE anything... you agreed to donate LONG before you were ever put in the chair/bed. You panicked because you had a large needle in your arm. Please, if you're going to be this hostile about your donations, don't come back. We technicians have a lot to worry about without having to pacify some unhappy kid.

Relax! It's not like they're insulted you personally. They just posted an entertaining story. Frankly you should be grateful this person has even bothered to make the effort.

"Oh my god, he said YDI!" -.- Why go there if you just going to panic. I have no sympathy for people like this.

You should get help for those panic attacks.

No_Effing_Way 0

I've done volunteer work for the Red Cross and there's definitely a clause that says if you change your mind they will stop the procedure. However, I understand where this comes from. I've donated 3 or 4 times and I'm not allowed to anymore because my body goes into shock and I end up passing out. However, now that they took your blood be careful- you're going to get TONS of mail asking you to donate again!

docxxx 0

depends who you donate with and if you're a rare blood type. mostly O neg is begged for blood. also Op ydi for being a sissy. the needle didn't kill you, it may just look scary, but won't hurt you.

That is probably my worst nightmare. It may be irrational but you can't always control a panic attack.