Out of shape

By Anonymous - 05/09/2011 04:38 - Canada

Today, I decided to work out. Being too embarrassed to run in public, I instead ran in circles in my basement. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 715
You deserved it 15 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

At least you were running instead of doing nothing. That's probably more than a lot of people can say.

Comments

#1, You should worry, because everyone's going to judge you!

"dw" it's only the Internet. Who cares what a bunch of trolls think anyway? (;

Littlemiss__LOL 0

25 - don't let your boobs hang out, Hun. too good to be a ****.

25 - 0 30 - 1 I think we may have a winner.

yoursucklives 36

haha try to explain that to someone who runs in on you

25, nobody has said it yet so I might as well be the first. Your **** are almost completely out of your shirt.

Moderated for pointing out that her **** are almost falling out of her shirt? Wow.

25 - not to bs creep but all I see of your profile pic is a thumbnail over your boobs… and it's nice that your kind to da new guy?

Dude to lose weight, do weights not cardio. Doing cardio increases your metabolism ALOT more, and continues to burn calories while you rest. Running around in circles you're not achieving anything, and definitely not losing weight.

Working out =/= losing weight. Not that jogging is really working out.

Freeze you're right. However, since OP was ashamed to go out in public and felt the need to workout, I can safely assume OP is overweight, and wants to lose weight. In which case jogging in circles isn't going to help.

borkchop1992 15

two is right and he certainly has the profile pic to back him up

Hahah #2 is wrong. I meant to say that doing weights increases your metabolism a lot more, not cardio.

Doing both is best though, I've heard doing 30 mins of cardio before lifting weights greatly improves the effects.

FMLoverAgain 7

The principle of losing weight is to take in less calories than your body burns. If your calories intake is higher than what your body burns, you will gain weight, no matter what. If you control your food consumption and do cardio you definitely will lose weight. Try swimming 2500 meters a day, seven days a week and you'll see.

You have to do cardio to loose weight. Cardio burns fat and calories, and helps boost your metabolism. But you have to tone your muscles by lifting weights. You can't be promised weight loss if you just lift weights. Like #2 said.

52- if you swim for a hour and a half daily you can eat whatever the hell you want a lose weight. But you technically will gain weight from muscle build. I would know, I've been swimming competitively for 9 years. I gain more weight than I lose but I have like zero fat on my body. :P

perdix 29

You don't have to do any exercise to lose weight. You simply need to consume fewer calories than burn. Just to stay alive, people burn anywhere from 1500-2500 calories per day (there are a lot of factors that determines each person's individual number.) Exercise can help accelerate weight loss and make your body look better and work better, but the real major factor in determining weight loss and gain is diet.

I have to agree with Rock Lee (27 for non-anime fans) I mean he is pretty much the foremost authority in exercise

Eggers 2

take a huge dump, you'll lose like 10 pounds

SimpleMinds_fml 7

You shouldn't run to lose weight. Walk, it burns more calories.

allisonbredow 0

Actually jumping rope is the best :)

4XxXo_OxXx4 0

The best way to lose weight fast is to do weights and cardio as well as be conscious of what you eat, b/c you need to burn more calories than you eat.

uffiewuffie 0

Actually you do cardio to burn fat. If you do weights, it only builds muscle. You're GAINING weight, not losing weight. Freakin idiot.

morganrules123 10

104- Actually it does both. By doing cardio, your losing immediate weight but your body still operates the same. By lifting weights your body believes that you are doing a lot of physical work everyday and it will make your metabolism more active. This will cause it to burn off even while your not working out.

thesunsetglow_fml 8

104- you're gaining mass. Weight and mass are two different things.

Technically weight is mass times gravity, so in everyday context people use them interchangeably due to the fact that most people don't leave the planet.

perdix 29

#97, you're right and you're wrong. Jumping rope is exceptionally good cardiovascular exercise. However, it is extremely high-impact and could be very bad for a fattie like the OP. You have to be pretty close to a normal weight to be fit enough for jumping rope.

allisonbredow 0
edgeofvictory 4

Well this person obviously hasnt worked out before cos they felt the need to and they don't know properly how to.

Prankster7o7 5

Hahahaha, you don't need weights at all honestly, all they're for is building mass and gaining strength, even though they help with weight loss. You can always do push ups, pull ups, dips, and crunches, the only weight they use is your body weight. Cardio is great for weight loss though, I've done boxing and lots of martial arts for years now and just training for boxing ( jump rope, running, speed bag, heavy bag) has made me lose at least 50lbs of fat, so don't be telling people that cardio doesn't make you lose weight, because that's like saying McDonalds isn't bad for you.

xXMudkipNoobXx 7
cIickhere 5

Who said that the basement is small

I don't know, who said that the basement was small? Wasn't me.

cIickhere 5

Oops, my bad, comment on the wrong place

GlitteryMasakali 1

OP I suggest you get a tread mill :)

GlitteryMasakali 1

Treadmill** Grammar nazis have invaded FML I thought I'd correct myself before anyone else does. Lol

Eggers 2

62- Grammar nazis have invaded your mom. By the way, tell her I said thanks for last night.

I've always envisioned jogging and working out as completely different things. Am I wrong?

Nah I think you're right SOTY. Jogging isn't working out haha.

Yah, I know, my friend once said he wanted to go work out and when we get to the gym he goes and does cardio while I'm weightlifting and I'm just like what are you doing? But I'm sure it's common to use it in the context OP used it in.

aes1994 0

How is cardio not working out?

allisonbredow 0

I apologize for having a different mentality.

cradle6 13

I kind of agree with 5. Any time I say I'm going to work out I mean lifting weights (whether it's a back/bicep day, leg day, etc.). If someone says, "I'm going to go exercise, then I would reasonably assume that they may include cardio." Oh, and with running you are working your legs and core a little. There's some small benefit but mostly cardio is for your heart, hence the term "cardiovascular."

borkchop1992 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

'its the eye of the tiger...' blasting in the background.

FYLDeep 25

At least you were running instead of doing nothing. That's probably more than a lot of people can say.