Not the expected response

By teejayrn - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I told my boyfriend I loved him for the first time. His response was to smile and pat me on the head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 383
You deserved it 5 045

Top comments

A100893 30

Who's a good girl? You are, oh yes you are!

Comments

argybargy 3

That would be a super harsh response! I get that it's not what she wanted to hear but personally I'd prefer to hear him tell me he loves me of his own accord and not just to be nice because I said it first and expect it.

Iknoweverything 29

If he became her ex-boyfriend because he didn't say it back, then she never loved him in the first place. I totally hate this whole "dump him because he didn't do what you wanted him to!"-type response.

What is with the idiots on this site? Is stupidity contagious?

graphicstyle7 17

I was in a unrequited love relationship for a year and a half before the guy really loved me back. Unfortunately for him, I had moved on. We're still friends, but I ended up happily engaged to guy #2. Sometimes that "ouch" goes both ways. My recommendation? If he's not sincerely saying it back in a year of dating, time to move on. Sometimes the fact that you ARE moving on will wake up any latent feelings and put all doubt aside.

maybe he's just not ready to say it back. at least he smiled so he's happy about it. just be glad he didn't have a witty comeback saying he doesn't feel the same.

perdix 29

Ah, yes, sign language. That gesture means, "I'm just in this for the sex until something better comes along."

Boys do not say things like that easily

hateevryone 14

*facepalm* you should've let him be the first one to say it

FozzyBear1234 4

Do you know the rule... Never use the L word! Unless you are married

....but then you'll never get married because you don't think they love you. Bad rule.

Keyonah_Babee 0

Lmaoo , that means he dont love you back