Not the expected response

By teejayrn - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I told my boyfriend I loved him for the first time. His response was to smile and pat me on the head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 383
You deserved it 5 045

Top comments

A100893 30

Who's a good girl? You are, oh yes you are!

Comments

It usually takes longer for a guy to "fall in love". At least he didn't lie like most guys do. Did you try "falling in like" first? Start there and ease your way up.

Just putting it out there, but this can be a very awkward situation, especially when it comes out pretty early. The last girl I dated told me she loved me after about 4 months - not the shortest time, mind you, but I didn't expect it *at all*. I wasn't going to lie to her and just repeat it back, and seeing as I haven't dealt with that situation before I simply said "did you really just say that?". She seemed ok, and said that she had just wanted to say it and it was almost bursting out of her. If I had my time over I would've said something like "it makes me really happy to hear you say that, and I really care about you too" - but it'd still be an awkward situation.

I suppose he doesn't feel the same way.

We are guys. That is our way to show love to our dogs. Oh wait.. Apparently, we do that to girls too. Wow.

Love does not exist. It is nothing but an ilusion. What we call love, is only the human desire of sexual/emotional pleasure.

What do you classify as love? I am pretty sure people can get to understand one another without love. So don't say "when a couple fully understand each other".

bubo_fml 10

That's a positive response...I'd've been worried if he started rolling up a newspaper...

My boyfriend does that all the time, I think it's cute, but he's the one that said it first, sorry OP..