Not a morning person

By vanity113 - 13/06/2013 04:04 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I woke up early to travel to the office headquarters 3.5 hours away for important meetings. After waking up at 5.30am, picking up all my colleagues and driving 40 min out of town, I realised I was wearing my woolen house slippers. They were the only pair of shoes I'd brought on the trip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 652
You deserved it 9 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So find a shoe store when you get there. It sucks to have to pay for another pair, but it's an easy fix.

Considering your colleagues clearly didn't tell you about the slip up I'd say it's fair game to murder the one you like least and steal his shoes. It's the only rational thing to do!

Comments

SirTalkaton 22

Ah good ole co-workers. Gotta love em. Find the ones you like and tell them what day to call in sick.

Then rock those slippers as though they were the hippest shoes since jandels.

bahamut357 16

Pardon my ignorance, but what are jandels?

It's a Kiwi thing. In Australia they call them thongs. Rubber flip-flops...

nothing says I love this company like the comfort of wearing the crappiest house footwear you've got!

coldsteelstu 4

don't worry I'm sure they have stores where your going.

"Casual Thursday!" Sorry OP but you've made yourself look pretty incompetent! Start looking for another job...

perdix 29

#24, I was going to say that the OP should propose to the big cheeses "Casual Footwear Thursday" as a lead-in to "Casual Friday." For, y'know, morale-building and all that bullshit.

Not professional...but works right? If they bother you so much hope there is a shop to get a quick pair as a replacement.,,just make sure there is some time to spare...

Even if OP's coworkers did see the slippers, they still may have thought that s/he just liked driving in slippers. I know several people who wear comfortable shoes for driving and just bring a nice pair along to wear when they get to their destination.

Yes I was thinking this! Thank you for being intelligent!

Agreed! That was my thoughts exactly! My mom used to wear her tennis shoes when driving then switch to heels when she got to work.