Nametags work

By Blanerd - 15/10/2009 12:33 - United States

Today, I was in a work meeting because our clientele is unhappy with our service. I was in there because I don't correct our customers when they get my name wrong. My name is Blane, but "Blair", "Blake", "Lane", and "Glenn" got rave reviews. No one picked up on this. I hate my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 268
You deserved it 4 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

I'm sorry to hear that, Gary. Anyways, Blair, Blake, Lane and Glenn have been doing such a good job, they have all been promoted and you are now their assistant. Now, you have to get breakfast, lunch and coffee for these guys, pick up their dry cleaning and buy birthday presents for their little snot-nosed kids. Just be happy they kept you on when those other four guys were so much better than you. Get back to work, Brian.

You mean that you actually have co-workers with those names or you just let non-existent people take credit for your work? And why did you let other "people" take credit for your work anyway? I can understand not correcting a customer, but when it comes to the office, get a backbone and speak up, man. YDI.

Comments

Aww, I feel really sorry for you Bianca.

A customer actually referred to you as "Lane?" I am sorry for your misfortune, Glenn.

skyttlz 32

I have a friend named Lane.

rosemary_fml 5

So the customers are unhappy with the service given by Blair, Blake, Lane and Glenn. You're off the hook, just keep your mouth shut!. So how is this a FML?!??!?

the point is, love, that customers ARE happy by service given by those people ;)

scarletpenguin 16

You obviously didn't read the FML right. Re-read it.

Today I mis-read a FML that I replied to. The other FMLers caught it right away and threw it back in my face. FML

Lots of these comments are repetitive, so you'll be surprised that I'm going to propose a new idea (for other people to repeat after me). I understand that correcting people who say your name wrong can be awkward, so maybe you could work your own name into your speeches a few times. The easiest is obviously as an introduction: "Hi, I'm Blane." And work it In the middle: "If that were to happen, just call for Blane or another worker." As for an ending: "My name's Blane. It's been great helping you. Bye!" These are just ideas. You can be creative about it.

But what if he works at a company where he only talks to the clients on the phone? It can be hard over the phone, no matter how many times you hear the name, to get it right. Anyways, I don't understand how if noone by those other names works with you, why it would be a problem, unless your boss is completely ignorant and can't figure it out. And if there are people by those names working there, you should not be so self-absorbed and think they were rave reviews for you just given to the wrong people by mistake!

brokenboxofammo 0

Speaking as someone who has a rather unusual name that people never get right, I completely understand. What you might try doing is pretending to have a different name completely - Mark, Kevin, Ryan, Frank, something the customers won't get mixed up. Then tell your boss what you did and why you did it. No more problems with this kind of thing.

Too bad your name really isn't Glenn. If it was, you'd at least be the star of a hilarious Starbucks commercial.

If your company is too unsophisticated to not automatically match customer feedback to the correct agent using telephony reporting, you should find another job. They solved that problem in the 80's.

Brooklynxman 0

Dont try and poach Blair, Blake, Lane, and Glenn's good customer review's.