My pleasure, mom!

By FortuneFaded - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - South Africa

Today, it's my mother's birthday so I took her out to lunch. On the way there, we had a car accident. It was my fault. For my mother's birthday I gave her 3 broken ribs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 972
You deserved it 19 246

Top comments

2 black eyes and a partridge in a pear tree

Shit happens. I know you didn't mean it, but life doesn't always play out beautifully. I know you feel guilty as hell right now, and really, that's the only punishment you need. You two should be grateful that you're both alive. Good luck, man.

Comments

fmyalarmclock 0

You should pay more attention. I hope you do something to make it up to her. You could have seriously hurt someone more than you already did.

troyboyd05 0

I hate people who automatically point the finger at someone. He admitted it was his fault and he obviously feels bad about it. So you don't have to throw it in his face. Dick. And it's called an accident for a reason. People make mistakes.

tsim_fml 0

I dont know if I could respect that anymore! Thank God for others like you!

that sucks edit: resisting urge to right first.

that's it? three broken ribs? not even a card or a gift voucher?!

2 black eyes and a partridge in a pear tree

Shit happens. I know you didn't mean it, but life doesn't always play out beautifully. I know you feel guilty as hell right now, and really, that's the only punishment you need. You two should be grateful that you're both alive. Good luck, man.

dam...thats horrible. good present would be new ribs maybe?

Well, she got to have ribs for lunch. sigh. that was pathetic.

kellster 2

Wow, FHL. Perhaps you should avoid accidents that are your fault when you have your mother in the car?

SweetThang 0

well i give u props for making it an unforgettable birthday!

*Well I give you props for making it an unforgettable birthday!

#7 I thought the same thing, just go buy a nice big plate of ribs and say happy birthday! I got you 3 for the ones I broke and the rest to eat!