Monday madness

By socks - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I noticed I'd mislaid one half of the "Monday" pair of socks from my "Days of the week" set that were a gift for my birthday. I'm slightly OCD. I think I'm going to rip the floorboards up if I don't find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 926
You deserved it 10 166

Top comments

wouldn't uneven floorboards drive you even more nuts?

Send me ur address I'll ship you a new one.

Comments

Send me ur address I'll ship you a new one.

hannahcorrine 0

Slightly OCD? You sound full on OCD.

jillianmathers12 13

I find this FML funny because yesterday my rebel friend was wearing her Monday socks even though it was Tuesday.

nixter5 18

^^ HAHAHAHAHA OMG REALLY?!?! -_-

jillianmathers12 13

Yeah! She said that she put them on Monday night though and just was still wearing them on Tuesday!

"Slightly OCD? You sound full on OCD." Except someone actually suffering from OCD would probably not use "OCD" as an adjective.

n_epic_fail 14

Consider taking medication, weather you choose to do so before or after you tear up your house is completely up to you though.

I have socks like that too! I never wear the right days together.

I have socks like that too! I never wear the right days together.

yeah I don't thing being OCD and having a bad memory really go well together. sorry tho.

Every pair of socks I own is identical. This makes them interchangeable. Problem solved.

Solutions- throw away all socks and buy socks that are all the same, become a nudist, or quit having to have control of everything all of the time. That's all OCD is.

Then carefully look around for it. It's not that hard to do.

XenaWP 6

If you've ever washed and tried to pair socks- yes. It is hard to do.

I've lost things and I've looked around for hours and I still can't find it, some things are just ridiculously hard to find

Washing machines are part black hole. It the only logical explanation to the missing socks across the globe.

You always find it when you AREN'T looking for it. OP, I know it will be hard, but give up on it for a bit and it'll show up!

If OP is anything like my fiancée, finding the other sock will be an all day ordeal. She has obnoxious amounts of socks and I'm pretty sure her room eats things when she's not looking.

What dude wears named socks? Sounds a bit... off to me.

#59 That's what I thought after looking for the promise ring my boyfriend gave me (which I stupidly lost and still feel horrible about) for a whole 24-hours nonstop. I quit looking for it. Still hasn't shown up.

wouldn't uneven floorboards drive you even more nuts?

My socks always lose their mate.. So they get mix matched. I blame the dryer monster. Check there first he's always taking socks.

Torva_fml 16

I swear my dryer eats my socks... They just vanish,

my dryer once tried to eat me. the therapy has yet to kick in...

Finally. I'm not the only one who thinks this! There are poor single socks sitting in my drawer that I don't know what to do with.

LovestoSing 1

About 60% of all missing socks are really trapped in the washer or dryer. They get stuck under or behind the basket and can't be retrieved unless it is removed. Just a random fact! ;)

free2speak 14

Mismatched socks? First world problems.

Tearing up your floorboards will make you crazier than not finding the sock. Think of the unsatisfactory job the repairman will do! It's your zen opportunity for patience.

jwade11 12

I'd check before you post... Look up at 3...... But you both made a valid point.

Torva_fml 16

Hey, jwade.. It's different. Nobody cares.

fatalkiss 0

Now is a good opportunity to try to fight your OCD

Or step the OCD up a bit! If OP had Monk-level OCD, he/she would never lose things in the first place.

Slightly OCD? If you have weekly sets of socks you need help. This is no fml

M0rt 0

It was a gift you turd; learn 2 read

Susieee_Q 9

Ha. I find this to be a rather appropriate response to most FML's. (: Well said.

no u got that wrong takin drugs is always the answer

Torva_fml 16

All I can do in a thread like this is facepalm.

Susieee_Q 9

Jeesh, guys. Lighten up. No one's saying it's "the answer" or "not the answer." Just something funny to say. (: Calm down. Why so damn serious all the time on this site?

It means "anal retentive but looking to label it to make me feel better". That's how I read it, at least.

Exactly. Those who have such problems almost never know that they have them. e.g.: Crazy people don't go around saying they're crazy.

#78, I agree about the crazy part but people with actual OCD usually seem to know it. I dealt with a woman once who was the unfunny reality of Nicholson's character in As Good As It Gets: compulsive hand-washing (they were raw and bleedy), door locking, etc. It was ******* sad and I met her after years of therapy. OCD doesn't always go unnoticed. That said, if you've got the blues, don't call it depression and if you're anal, don't label it OCD.

SpeshulK 0

I'd say that he's got full OCD and it's obvious to everyone around him. I mean, he was given a method of planning his sock schedule for a birthday present